3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Fountain3586

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Fountain3586

I really want to buy a set. I own 16 candles and gave 4 to my mother. Last night my daughter broke one of my mothers. Do I give my mom some of mine or do I compulsively buy 3 more sets. GEEZ. Decisions, decisions.

Favorite Woots: The First Years miSwivel Feeding Chair, Kiddy Sport’n Move Stroller, Sacs of Life Insulator 4 Reusable Shopping Bags, Daiwa Golf Bag, Energizer Light on Demand Twin Light Center, Ooma Telo ViIP Home Phone System, and a Stainless Steel Designer 6 Ounce Flask.

lichme

quality posts: 3107 Private Messages lichme

Advantages
Safer than real candles
Will not drip hot wax on you (could also be a disadvantage for some)
Last longer than real candles

Disadvantages
Does not smell as good as real candle

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3789 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

lots of comments from when these were sold back in July

http://home.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5064237

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3789 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

here are some comments from a more recent sale this past January.It was a woot plus sale that included other flameless candles

http://www.woot.com/offers/westinghouse-4-pc-carved-led-candle-set-1

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lichme wrote:Advantages
Safer than real candles
Will not drip hot wax on you (could also be a disadvantage for some)
Last longer than real candles

Disadvantages

Also less likely to catch your house on fire.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

These are actually really good for a romantic evening because you don't have to worry about putting them out (or knocking them down if things go well). Really set a relaxing mood.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

chipgreen

quality posts: 201 Private Messages chipgreen
lichme wrote:
Disadvantages

They do have a vanilla scent to them

robio

quality posts: 42 Private Messages robio

Bought these last time. one set for us, the others as gifts. We really like them, they smell great, flicker like the real thing, and I may just get more.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

The vanilla scent is strong enough that I'd be cautious if you/yours are sensitive to scents or prefer unscented products. (People who aren't hypersensitive/allergic to scents say it doesn't have much scent. My nose starts running as soon as I get near these!)

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

dfunk29

quality posts: 52 Private Messages dfunk29

I bought these a while back and I love them! I suffer from chronic headaches and these are perfect for when I can't have lamps or overheadlights on. A few of these in a room is the perfect amount of lighting for when I have a headache. The timer feature is nice too, I have mine set to come on everyday at slightly different times so they're lit all evening.

dfunk29

quality posts: 52 Private Messages dfunk29
neuropsychosocial wrote:The vanilla scent is strong enough that I'd be cautious if you/yours are sensitive to scents or prefer unscented products. (People who aren't hypersensitive/allergic to scents say it doesn't have much scent. My nose starts running as soon as I get near these!)

I've found the scent mellows with time. When you first open the package it's overwhelming, but once they're in the room for a while it's a much softer scent.

ugomona

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ugomona
robio wrote:Bought these last time. one set for us, the others as gifts. We really like them, they smell great, flicker like the real thing, and I may just get more.

These do smell great. I bought a similar set of Westinghouse about a year ago (and they still smell great) and when these are in use, everyone's like "can you bake us a cake?"

leilana80

quality posts: 23 Private Messages leilana80

Have these, love these! I have actually given some away as gifts to my peoples who have kids and/or pets. They are vanilla scented, strong for a while, and eventually fade after a few weeks to where you don't notice it unless you're right next to it. If I had the funds right now I would get a few more- very pleased with these.

billveik

quality posts: 5 Private Messages billveik

Bought a set for Mom for her birthday. They work very well. They safely light the way at night, add to the Christmas decor, and provide a nice scent for the bathroom.

Woo@@@@@@@ooT.........Ooops, was that me?
Beggin' your pardon, it must have been the w@@t soup.

susiq212

quality posts: 0 Private Messages susiq212

Really pretty when lit, the design comes out better than you can see online.....and the timer is a great feature.

khunjeff

quality posts: 21 Private Messages khunjeff

I bought three sets of these last year, and I love them - I have some on a timer in my living room, and gave the rest as gifts. I would order more, but this time around Woot won't send them to military addresses

iamjessica

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iamjessica

The timer function sold me for sure. In for two sets.

I poop while I Woot.

dwallace123

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dwallace123

Two unrelated things:

1) These make great night lights for toddlers if you've got somewhere high up to put them.

2) It will take you two or three evenings to stop thinking, "Oh crap, that candle is way too close to the _______"

seekerktf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages seekerktf

I bought these around Christmas time. We use them a lot and I'm happy with them. I personally hate the smell... vanilla's not my thing... I wish they made odorless ones, but other than that they're great.

They make a few different styles of candles. Only one style is available here. It's funny but after buying mine I started noticing how often these show up on TV. Just about anytime you see thick candles in some background shot on TV they're made by Westinghouse.

spazyone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazyone
neuropsychosocial wrote:The vanilla scent is strong enough that I'd be cautious if you/yours are sensitive to scents or prefer unscented products. (People who aren't hypersensitive/allergic to scents say it doesn't have much scent. My nose starts running as soon as I get near these!)

Thank you!! I needed to know that.

Connie L Corbaley

mjonczak

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mjonczak

My family bought 3 sets last July and we love them! My wife hesitated when they first came on Woot last year and we regretted not purchasing it. Of all the stores that carry "flameless candles" these are the BEST! The waxy feel & appearance, the faint vanilla scent (which unfortunately fades after several weeks), the size, the timer, and most importantly the price makes this the Woot deal of the year.

"When I die, I want to go             
as my grandfather did:                
quietly, peacefully, in his sleep. 
Not like his passengers." 

chipgster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chipgster

I bought these for my parents on the woot-plus over christmas. They're getting on in age and I worry about them burning the house down. The only complaint I've heard so far is they take forever to roast a marshmallow.

peterscarter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peterscarter

Do they come with an on & off remote?

snosbig

quality posts: 8 Private Messages snosbig

I'm a hardcore Candle user, so much so that I need advice if anyone knows of Yankee Candle anonymous? (*~*) I'm taking the plunge on 2 sets of these for 1 reason only....Yankee Candles which everyone agrees are the best, well...after heavy use for MANY years, I realized recently what a scam they are. Their candles smell AWESOME as soon as you open them, burn them for the 1st use, light the the next time & they smell as strong as any cheapo brand you can buy at the dollar store. They must wrap them with scented oil or something inside the cello wrapper & once you break the packaging it evaporates shortly thereafter. I'm Free At LAST & now addicted to batteries!!!

lroller

quality posts: 15 Private Messages lroller

TT...one LED/candle...or is it "they're also stuffed full of LEDs that glow and flicker like a real wick".

albinosun

quality posts: 3 Private Messages albinosun

I also bought these the last time they were offered at Woot. We love them. The vanilla smell IS strong when you first open up the package but do fade the longer they are set out, which is fine by me as I do not like vanilla scented stuff. I found a nice glass vase and put the candle in it with some decorative stones to sit the candle on and it really has made a nice center piece. Not having to deal with manually lighting and blowing out with a soot trail makes them all that much more desirable.

skerz001

quality posts: 2 Private Messages skerz001

I bought these before Christmas. I split the set up to give as small gifts and ended up keeping two for myself. They are beautiful, real wax on the outside and smell great. I do believe I will be purchasing some more!

codybodd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages codybodd

These are wonderful for the elderly who can benefit from the timed light each night...it can make a lonely house feel a little happier. These can also be staggered on different timers and used to assist on the pathway to, and in the bathroom.

Additionally, they're great for nursing homes and other senior residential facilities - most places will allow these. One candle can really make a difference in the atmosphere of the room, and in the mood of the resident.

xekutioner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xekutioner

How many batteries does each candle need? The set seems to come with 2 AA batteries and 4 candles. So just wondering ...

giantswede

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giantswede
xekutioner wrote:How many batteries does each candle need? The set seems to come with 2 AA batteries and 4 candles. So just wondering ...

In the Box:

(4) Westinghouse 603004-CX1R Flameless 6" Pillar Candles
(8) AA Batteries

xavier1421

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xavier1421
xekutioner wrote:How many batteries does each candle need? The set seems to come with 2 AA batteries and 4 candles. So just wondering ...

2 batteries per candle.

hanuta44

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hanuta44

I am getting a couple of more sets. I got these back in early September and I have had a few on the daily 5 hour timer every day since. A couple of weeks ago I started noticing the light got dimmer and dimmer.
Time for new batteries.

So they lasted me 4+ months on the timer. I can't really tell when they started to get dimmer until I really noticed it.

I am owned by cats and I get more forgetful as time gets on. .
These are much safer for me.

I second what someone said about needing a few days until you realize you can't burn the paper that is laying near it, or your hand when reaching over lol.
They look pretty real if you don't look straight down into them.

I have them all over the apartment on different timers.
One set will be a gift.

For me, the timer really makes these. I don't even touch them anymore once they are set.

margravinemakam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages margravinemakam

I got these before Christmas to put in my windows and I really like them. Only issues are that one had a dud timer (it wouldn't go off when the others did) and I dropped one and it is really made of wax. so it broke. Oh and the timer is just approximate. I had set them all up to light starting at 6 in 5 second increments, but now they sort of randomly go on at about 6ish or 630. But I still plan on getting another set or two for my porch because they really are cool.

billlh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages billlh

So just how strong is the scent on these? Certain times of the year mostly spring I'm very sensitive to strong scents. Are these things going to drive me nuts? Someone mentioned they lose their smell after a while? Could I put them out in the garage for a week or two and not be able to smell them when I bring them back in the house?

albinosun

quality posts: 3 Private Messages albinosun
billlh wrote:So just how strong is the scent on these? Certain times of the year mostly spring I'm very sensitive to strong scents. Are these things going to drive me nuts? Someone mentioned they lose their smell after a while? Could I put them out in the garage for a week or two and not be able to smell them when I bring them back in the house?

When I first opened up the package and removed a candle you could smell the strong vanilla scent but it was not that potent. I could only smell it if I was close range to the candle. I have had it out now about a month and I can only smell the vanilla when I put my nose up to it. But I do not have a super sensitive sniffer nor do I have allergies of any kind.

Gabri

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gabri

Got these the last time around and LOVE them! I have two in lanterns on my hearth. Makes a nice light on fireless nights, and the timer is wonderful - no opening and closing the lanterns to "light and blow out". Just make sure if you do get them for lanterns to measure the opening - I had one in mind for another lantern and while the candle would fit nicely IN it, it won't fit through the door.

hanuta44

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hanuta44

I am pretty sensitive to scents. Like others said, when you take them out its at its strongest. I had one on the dining table. It was 2 feet from my face and I moved that one for about a week or two.
After that, I could barely smell the scent. Just a lingering here and there.

By now I can't smell anything. Which is fine with me.

prissyrabbit

quality posts: 4 Private Messages prissyrabbit

I do not have allergies, but I have a very sensitive nose. I do not like the vanilla smell of these, but it really does weaken over time. So at first, I put them in places that I would not be right on top of - ie the fireplace mantle, top of a book case, etc. These are pretty good flameless candles. I am a candle person and really like ambient lighting. So since these have a timer, they work really well for me!

prissyrabbit

quality posts: 4 Private Messages prissyrabbit

Question: I'll be as brief as I can be...

I have some lamps that look like large candle sticks. They have a bulb in them like a night light bulb. As a shade, they have wax candle sleeves. So when they turn on, they basically look like candles (however they do not flicker). I have six of them. So here is the question... does anyone have any idea how I could get the LED apparatus out of these so I can use just the wax sleeve? The reason is I really need to replace each sleeve on my lamps. The LED candles are the exact size I need. But if I buy wax candle sleeves from someone online, they cost more for just one sleeve than the entire set of 4 that you get with these candles. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!!!