3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme

Light it on fire and drive a motorcycle through it.

sandymacjr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sandymacjr

It has blades. They are inside the base.

impact9

quality posts: 3 Private Messages impact9

Even refurbed I can buy like 10 fans from wally world for that price.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

I got mine off of woot when it was sold new.

I love it! Almost a year of every day to every other day use, and it still works like the first time.

The clean up is super easy, just wipe down the intake, and the ring.

The sound it produces is very calming while I'm sleeping

edit:

My first review of the unit

that was fun while it lasted!

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3340 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

pretty good reviews (4.6 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dyson-Pedestal-Air-Multiplier-Fan/15024209

curtise

quality posts: 20 Private Messages curtise

What, no obligatory video posting of the Dyson "Balloons and Dyson Air Multiplier™ fans" clip?

There we go. All is right with the world.

And damn, I still get the chills watching that video, dozens of times later.

-=C=-

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
lichme wrote:Light it on fire and drive a motorcycle through it.

Have chinese acrobats leap through it.

slappomatt

quality posts: 6 Private Messages slappomatt

if you are buying this for any other reason that it looks cool you are wasting alot of money. They dont move as much air as a regular fan and they cost 10X the price.

mikop168

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mikop168

Purchased it new from woot more than a year ago and it is still going strong 24/7 since.

The biggest plus for me is the ease of cleaning the unit. It is very quiet when on lower setting. on high, it still makes quite a bit of noise.

The design is stylish, but do take quite a bit of room vs tower style fan.

The remote magnet is a bit weak, but still convenient.

I also have a $100ish tower fan so while $200 is a lot, I don't think it is an outrageous amount compare to what is out there but I can totally understand that price is hard to justify for a lot of people but for me, I am happy with the purchase and will likely buy the smaller desktop version if it become available.

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 3340 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

nice reviews (3.9 out of 5.0) over at amazon

www.amazon.com/Dyson-AM03-Pedestal-Fan-Silver/dp/B003TFDV0Y

TeknoKid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TeknoKid

I bought two of these on Woot over a year ago. They are still running strong.

http://home.woot.com/offers/dyson-air-multiplier-bladeless-pedestal-fan

The only issue I have had is when they are both on the bare wood floor in the same room and running on about ¾ power they created a sort of subsonic resonance which I could hear throughout the house. Once I had identified the source, it was an easy fix to place each fan on a foam mat which isolated the vibration.

mcprimate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcprimate

I bought the dyson fan last time it was on woot as a refurb and it died within 2 days. I got a flashing power light and could find no remedy to fix it. I called dyson and then send out a new fan ASAP. Really great service. Just an FYI. The fan that I recieved from Woot and the replacement fan were labled "Refebished - B Grade." Both of the fans came with scraches on the ring, one of them looked like someone used sand paper on it, which was rather frustrating. I called dyson about the scraches and they sent out a new ring no questions asked.

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

The previous woot referred to above was $229.99 and the last woot-off that sold it too new for $229.99 vs. $179.99 refurb now
http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4711432&PageIndex=1&ReplyCount=120

and my previous comment from then:

whatsamattaU wrote:Last non-woot off: 250 comments

http://www.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4683444

also $229.99

and my comments then verbatim:

froogle vs. $229.99 today

Product support page:
http://www.dyson.com/support/help.asp?article=32

including manual:
http://media.dyson.com/downloads/US/fan/manuals/AM03_userguide_US080710.pdf

Good night.

schulman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schulman
slappomatt wrote:if you are buying this for any other reason that it looks cool you are wasting alot of money. They dont move as much air as a regular fan and they cost 10X the price.

What other reason for owning anything is there?

sixdolla

quality posts: 24 Private Messages sixdolla

Why does anyone have questions about this fan?!?!?!? It MULTIPLIES AIR!!!! x18 to be exact. O M G

dandaman069

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dandaman069
slappomatt wrote:if you are buying this for any other reason that it looks cool you are wasting alot of money. They dont move as much air as a regular fan and they cost 10X the price.

they put out plenty of air... and other fans that put out as much air or more than the Dyson..are loud.

yayobama

quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama

The more I hear people say this is too pricey for sensible people, the more I senselessly want one as a status symbol.

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

This sounds a lot like a propeller-less Piper Cub. Is there an option for the bladed model?

wooowoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooowoot

I'm getting one of these for every room. First, it does away with the physical danger inherent in traditional fans. Why, as soon as you get your bladded fan out of the screwed on shipping crate and plugged in, the hazard is obvious. Then there's the whole whole-air benefit. I ask you, how is air supposed to carry oxygen to our lungs after it's been chopped up by the tranditional fan? And what of the air itself? Does it know it's about to be slaughtered and is it afraid as it approaches the blades? Does it suffer? It may be down-right immoral to be consuming air like this, and it's messy besides; butchered air parts being spewed across the room like that. Gross. It may also be dangerous in ways we don't yet recognize - look what happened when they split the atom.

wooowoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wooowoot

All that aside, though, you can't beat the economy of these new-fangled fans. You feed one air into one side of it, you get 18 airs out the other! My guess is you can unplug after a couple of exchanges like that and you'll get the breeze for free for the rest of the day (unless your windows are opened and all your extra air is going out of them). I can't wait 'til Woot posts the Dyson Money Tree.

(Sorry, couldn't resist it.)

MuddyG

quality posts: 9 Private Messages MuddyG
wooowoot wrote:All that aside, though, you can't beat the economy of these new-fangled fans. You feed one air into one side of it, you get 18 airs out the other! My guess is you can unplug after a couple of exchanges like that and you'll get the breeze for free for the rest of the day (unless your windows are opened and all your extra air is going out of them). I can't wait 'til Woot posts the Dyson Money Tree.

Love it. :^)

Filth. Flarn. Filth.

badhabit12

quality posts: 14 Private Messages badhabit12

Home depot sells a White Generic Oscillating table fan, 14" fan blades. 3 speed for $9.99 and there built very well, put out lots of air and will last years. They use them to draw people into the store and hopefully to buy there big ticket items. I picked up 4 for my Xmas shopping.

SOOOOOOOooo, I can buy 18 of the white Oscillating table fans or one of these. Oh and the $9.99 fan puts out a lot more air.

But, That's just my humble opinion you may see the value equation different.

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii
curtise wrote:What, no obligatory video posting of the Dyson "Balloons and Dyson Air Multiplier™ fans" clip?

-=C=-

Wow, you are easily impressed if that video gives you chills!

tomquincy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomquincy
curtise wrote:What, no obligatory video posting of the Dyson "Balloons and Dyson Air Multiplier™ fans" clip?

And this is why we pay so much money for Dyson products.... so they can make balloon race tracks with a hundred fans

lroller

quality posts: 14 Private Messages lroller

I'll stick with my Woot Vornado fans and heat fans. $30 for the fan; $45 for the heat fan. I think there is something fishy with a real fan being hidden in the base. Before you know it, you'll be able to connect to the internet without wires.

SuperNinja

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SuperNinja
badhabit12 wrote:Home depot sells a White Generic Oscillating table fan, 14" fan blades. 3 speed for $9.99 and there built very well, put out lots of air and will last years. They use them to draw people into the store and hopefully to buy there big ticket items.

http://www.wisc-online.com/Objects/ViewObject.aspx?ID=ESL1402

rascul22

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rascul22
tomquincy wrote:And this is why we pay so much money for Dyson products.... so they can make balloon race tracks with a hundred fans

Whaaa. I want to work there. So much fun! Buy more so they can hire me!

drivingon9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drivingon9

I'm getting six so that I can make my own quidditch field.

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett
sixdolla wrote:Why does anyone have questions about this fan?!?!?!? It MULTIPLIES AIR!!!! x18 to be exact. O M G

It also multiplies money. Unfortunately, all of that money ends up back at Dyson HQ.

commodog

quality posts: 4 Private Messages commodog

If I can't make Darth Vader voice sounds with it, it isn't a fan.

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 23 Private Messages CuzzinMerl

If I dip this in a soap solution, will it blow giant bubbles?

mikegrmi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikegrmi

-=C=-

Now we know why the fans are so expensive, all those employees on the payroll of Dyson playing with fans and balloons. We also see where all those refurbs come from, the fans used in that demo.

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

Not a big fan of the price.

extol4000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages extol4000
CuzzinMerl wrote:If I dip this in a soap solution, will it blow giant bubbles?

That's what I want to know! I bet that's how they secretly test the units back at headquarters.

memducret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages memducret

I just got mine in the mail. Unfortunately it looks like I got a shelf display unit (has a sticker saying so) and it looks like it was used as a tennis racket! It works, but it looks like crap. NOT worth the price. These are not really re-furbished mostly used and sold as is.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

memducret wrote:I just got mine in the mail. Unfortunately it looks like I got a shelf display unit (has a sticker saying so) and it looks like it was used as a tennis racket! It works, but it looks like crap. NOT worth the price. These are not really re-furbished mostly used and sold as is.

Sorry for the late reply and to hear that you received your purchase in the condition you described.

Please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to help you out.

angelaandkenny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelaandkenny

15 months later....broke motor. Dyson says they want $159.99 for a new motor. 6 month warranty expired. Story of my life!