WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Get Down with Down

Look at you, grooving to that funk. We know, we can't resist either. The moment Kool and the Gang or Rick James hits the stereo, we lose control of our bodies and suddenly, clear our schedule, it's dance time. After so many hours on our feet, we need comfy bedding, and you deserve some too, so get some down for once you're done getting down.



Quality Posts


zetaalorix


quality posts: 0 Private Messages zetaalorix

So polyester is considered down?

"Materials:
Shell ~ 100% Cotton
Fill ~ 100% Polyester"

StarWeb


quality posts: 2 Private Messages StarWeb

The title says 75% Down Pillow but the description says "25% white goose down, 75% white goose feathers"

Can you please clarify what the down percentage is?

Thanks!

tinameri


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tinameri
zetaalorix wrote:So polyester is considered down?

"Materials:
Shell ~ 100% Cotton
Fill ~ 100% Polyester"



The polyester fill is a down alternative option for those that enjoy the soft luxury of down without the actual feathers and down

tinameri


quality posts: 1 Private Messages tinameri
StarWeb wrote:The title says 75% Down Pillow but the description says "25% white goose down, 75% white goose feathers"

Can you please clarify what the down percentage is?

Thanks!



There is 25% Down and 75% feather. The feathers provide the firmness/support of the pillow while the down provides that soft warmth you look for.

kuma99


quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99
StarWeb wrote:The title says 75% Down Pillow but the description says "25% white goose down, 75% white goose feathers"

Can you please clarify what the down percentage is?

Thanks!



Feather pillow is 75% feather and only 25% down.Feather pillows are heavier than down pillows and love to be scrunched up or folded into the perfect sleeping position either under your head, between your knees or behind your back. Since feather pillows contain feathers it is not uncommon for a feather or two to sneak their way out during all the scrunching and folding. Some say it's good luck when a feather pokes its way through and that you should make a wish.


Goose down pillows are made of down clusters which are much lighter and last longer than feathers. Down pillows have had the large feathers separated out during the sorting process and contain few if any feathers that would normally poke through a typical feather pillow. A down pillows quality is determined by the fill power of the down clusters used to make the pillow

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

StarWeb wrote:The title says 75% Down Pillow but the description says "25% white goose down, 75% white goose feathers"

Can you please clarify what the down percentage is?

Thanks!


We fixed the title. Thanks!



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kehylehr


quality posts: 3 Private Messages kehylehr

Queen feather beds but no queen feather bed protectors?

ifranbhaidani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ifranbhaidani

What is the fill power on the down filled comforters?

lmaxwellb


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lmaxwellb
ifranbhaidani wrote:What is the fill power on the down filled comforters?



Full/Queen Dimensions:

86" x 86"
Fill Weight: 32 Ounces

King Dimensions:

102" x 86"
Fill Weight: 42 Ounces

California King Dimensions:

106" x 94"
Fill Weight 42 Ounces


lmaxwellb


quality posts: 2 Private Messages lmaxwellb

Been looking for a nice King Sized Down Comforter, is this a good quality/value? I only want something nice, but don't want to pay the high end price obviously. Anyone have a link to reviews of the "fall comforter" or an opinion of quality and value. Much thanks in advance.

ifranbhaidani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ifranbhaidani

I saw the specs but that is the fill weight, not the fill power. Fill power is a number in the hundreds, usually between 500-800. Do you know what the fill power number is?

lmaxwellb wrote:Full/Queen Dimensions:

86" x 86"
Fill Weight: 32 Ounces

King Dimensions:

102" x 86"
Fill Weight: 42 Ounces

California King Dimensions:

106" x 94"
Fill Weight 42 Ounces



bobdo


quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobdo

Looking at the Specs for the Feather Bed Protectors, it appears there is no protector for the California King size, and that you've mislabled the King and California King, as the sizes listed for them are Queen size and King size.

Is that true? Do you not have a protector for the California King?

ckeilah


quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

You have to remove your arms to snuggle up under the Kalifornia King discomforter. And, yes, there is no protection from Kalifornia Kings. ;-P

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

bluestonex


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluestonex
lmaxwellb wrote:Been looking for a nice King Sized Down Comforter, is this a good quality/value? I only want something nice, but don't want to pay the high end price obviously. Anyone have a link to reviews of the "fall comforter" or an opinion of quality and value. Much thanks in advance.



I got the Fieldcrest house brand comforter from Target last year. It's pretty warm and has hardly leaked any down, although I use a duvet cover. Moreover, it's nicer quality and the cloth is softer than others I checked out at Bed Bath & Beyond and Sears. The fill weight is similar to the Fall Down Comforter sold here and the price is nearly half of it.

ejr1707


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejr1707

What is the fill power NOT fill wieght?

sgtjunior


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sgtjunior
bluestonex wrote:I got the Fieldcrest house brand comforter from Target last year. It's pretty warm and has hardly leaked any down, although I use a duvet cover. Moreover, it's nicer quality and the cloth is softer than others I checked out at Bed Bath & Beyond and Sears. The fill weight is similar to the Fall Down Comforter sold here and the price is nearly half of it.



The difference is the ones sold at Target are duck down, these are goose down. Goose down is a better fill as it retains more heat. I hope they are 100% goose down and not a mix or a down feather mix like the pillows. Maybe Thunderthighs can chime in before I buy 2 for my daughters

xochiluvr


quality posts: 14 Private Messages xochiluvr

Wow, these are really short. Everyone in bed has their feet sticking out!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

We asked the manufacturer about the Fill Power. They gave a nice explanation with some extra info so I'm just going to paste it here.


Fill Power is the standard that measures the number of cubic inches filled by an ounce of down. The more space an ounce of down takes up, the more warmth it provides.  This is because the more space it occupies the more air it entraps. (And it is the air that provided the warmth.)
 
Our products fall into a range of 550-650 fill power. We pride ourselves on the overall construction and feel of our products as opposed to a specific fill power. The number of ounces we use and the type of construction  (down proof cotton, german cotton piped edges, etc) we find are a more accurate test of a quality product.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

whorlwind


quality posts: 0 Private Messages whorlwind

Hi, could I get info on the ounces of fill in the pillows please? Specifically the 50%/50%

ThunderThighs wrote:We asked the manufacturer about the Fill Power. They gave a nice explanation with some extra info so I'm just going to paste it here.


Fill Power is the standard that measures the number of cubic inches filled by an ounce of down. The more space an ounce of down takes up, the more warmth it provides.  This is because the more space it occupies the more air it entraps. (And it is the air that provided the warmth.)
 
Our products fall into a range of 550-650 fill power. We pride ourselves on the overall construction and feel of our products as opposed to a specific fill power. The number of ounces we use and the type of construction  (down proof cotton, german cotton piped edges, etc) we find are a more accurate test of a quality product.



Kanabis


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kanabis

The comforter is one thing but I sleep way better on my recently discovered memory foam pillow I got on the cheap. Better support, head doesn't get hot, don't have to keep flipping the pillow and I don't toss and turn as much, no feathers

adonisseraph


quality posts: 2 Private Messages adonisseraph

@woot.. I ordered the Feather bed and the protector.. The protector for the cal king says $50, however i was only charged $45.. Just want to ensure i am getting what i ordered still (Cal King Featherbed & Cal King Featherbed Protector..)

I Just noticed the specs..
California King Size Featherbed is 72" x 84"
Cal King Size Featherbed protector is 78" x 80" (Those are king size dimensions though)

Is there a typo, or did you just sell me a cal king featherbed with a King size protector??

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

adonisseraph wrote:@woot.. I ordered the Feather bed and the protector.. The protector for the cal king says $50, however i was only charged $45.. Just want to ensure i am getting what i ordered still (Cal King Featherbed & Cal King Featherbed Protector..)

I Just noticed the specs..
California King Size Featherbed is 72" x 84"
Cal King Size Featherbed protector is 78" x 80" (Those are king size dimensions though)

Is there a typo, or did you just sell me a cal king featherbed with a King size protector??



hmm.
i've forwarded your question along to people who know things, but i'd advise you to email Support@Woot.com, too, since they have all your order info & such.



-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

UPDATE.
yup, specs were switched. we've changed it thusly:

King Size:
78" x 80"

Cal King Size:
72" x 84"

apologies for the error, all.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

adonisseraph


quality posts: 2 Private Messages adonisseraph
PemberDucky wrote:UPDATE.
yup, specs were switched. we've changed it thusly:

King Size:
78" x 80"

Cal King Size:
72" x 84"

apologies for the error, all.



THANKS FOR THE GREAT SERVICE! We all make mistakes..

bluestonex


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluestonex
sgtjunior wrote:The difference is the ones sold at Target are duck down, these are goose down. Goose down is a better fill as it retains more heat. I hope they are 100% goose down and not a mix or a down feather mix like the pillows. Maybe Thunderthighs can chime in before I buy 2 for my daughters



No the Target one is goose down:
http://www.target.com/p/fieldcrest-luxury-goose-down-comforter/-/A-11152145#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=fieldcrest+comforter

Great reviews and I'm pretty happy with it. The down is evenly distributed through the baffles, it has a good amount of fill, and is very soft and the cover is smooth.

I have only seen duck down in pillows, all comforters I've ever seen are goose down.

sgtjunior


quality posts: 2 Private Messages sgtjunior
bluestonex wrote:No the Target one is goose down:
http://www.target.com/p/fieldcrest-luxury-goose-down-comforter/-/A-11152145#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=fieldcrest+comforter

Great reviews and I'm pretty happy with it. The down is evenly distributed through the baffles, it has a good amount of fill, and is very soft and the cover is smooth.

I have only seen duck down in pillows, all comforters I've ever seen are goose down.



Sorry, didn't see the Fieldcrest line. When I went to Target's web and did a search for down comforters this is what came up and they are all duck down.

http://www.target.com/c/down-alternative-comforters-bedding-home/-/N-56gfp#navigation=true&viewType=large&sortBy=newest&minPrice=from&maxPrice=to&isleaf=true&navigationPath=56gfp&parentCategoryId=9976432&facetedValue=/-/N-56gfpZ5vfco&RatingFacet=0&categoryId=182001

The one you linked to looks nice though.

pastapup


quality posts: 0 Private Messages pastapup

I've gotten annoyed with most King comforters because they don't really have enough coverage for a King sized bed--especially with people in the bed. I solved the problem by buying two twins that way there's no fighting over the covers--everyone has enough. I recently got twin comforters from Ikea. They are two weights that snap together for cold weather and then give two options for lighter weight (one is a "1" and the other is a "3"). These are so comfy and warm that we've been able to keep the thermostat at 59 F at night.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60132192/

tomsnider


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomsnider
pastapup wrote:I've gotten annoyed with most King comforters because they don't really have enough coverage for a King sized bed--especially with people in the bed. I solved the problem by buying two twins that way there's no fighting over the covers--everyone has enough. I recently got twin comforters from Ikea. They are two weights that snap together for cold weather and then give two options for lighter weight (one is a "1" and the other is a "3"). These are so comfy and warm that we've been able to keep the thermostat at 59 F at night.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60132192/



I found

Cover material: Microfiber
Type of down: 60-percent feather fiber, 25-percent down fiber and 15-percent feather
Construction: End-to-end sewn through box
Thread count: 220
Care instructions: Dry clean only
Warmth rating: Medium warmth
Outer design: Solid
Color options: White
Self piping

$42/Free Shipping
Feather Down Comforter


Fill material: Polyester, waterfowl feathers
Firm-density construction: 1.5-inch gusset
Thread count: 350
Outer design: Damask stripe
Color options: White

$38/Free Shipping
Down Pillows