WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Unleashed Life Pet: Bowls and Stuff

Let's give props to our pets. Day in and day out they're having breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the floor while we sit at the table all high and mighty. We may not be able to spruce up the routine all that much, but we can give them fancier bowls. And little statues to watch them while they eat.

ceagee

quality posts: 66 Private Messages ceagee

For a site were cat shirts rule, there sure is a lot of dog only bowls. Unless,of course, you have a really big cat that would eat what those bowls hold !

They are rather pretty. As if dogs could appreciate that. << oops cat typing.

ginbak

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ginbak

Wow! I want the big lion one in the main picture.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Is the 'Unleashed Life Halstead Carved Glass Pet Bowl' lead free?

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

thejavagoddess

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thejavagoddess
mschauber wrote:Is the 'Unleashed Life Halstead Carved Glass Pet Bowl' lead free?

I'd doubt there is lead, most lead from drinking glasses is from the logo paint, unless it is a crystal glass. That's a great point, however. I got the Lion head one.

Do you think it will be ok for my two 3 pound Maltese pups?
As a swimming pool?

My name is actually Shannon. Someone beat me to the username race so I'm using an alias. Duh.

c2jflk

quality posts: 2 Private Messages c2jflk

Does your puppy really need a pimp cup? I think not!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

c2jflk wrote:Does your puppy really need a pimp cup? I think not!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mschauber wrote:Is the 'Unleashed Life Halstead Carved Glass Pet Bowl' lead free?

We heard back from the vendor. The bowl is lead free and tested food safe ... Human standards.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

majorshopper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages majorshopper

Can someone verify the size of the dejardin bowl with the lions heads? The pictures make this appear to be large but the specs say it is less than 10 inches high and 10 inches wide.

ginbak

majorshopper wrote:Can someone verify the size of the dejardin bowl with the lions heads? The pictures make this appear to be large but the specs say it is less than 10 inches high and 10 inches wide.

Yeah. The pic with the dog that's on the main page is not the one that Woot! is selling. You can see that its bigger and deeper. I looked around and it seems to be the "large" (which looks to be sold out everywhere), and Woot! is selling the "medium" (guessing).

majorshopper

quality posts: 4 Private Messages majorshopper
ginbak wrote:Yeah. The pic with the dog that's on the main page is not the one that Woot! is selling. You can see that its bigger and deeper. I looked around and it seems to be the "large" (which looks to be sold out everywhere), and Woot! is selling the "medium" (guessing).

You think maybe they are referring to just the bowl part? Otherwise this would be tiny? Perhaps someone from woot staff can check.

ginbak

majorshopper wrote:You think maybe they are referring to just the bowl part? Otherwise this would be tiny? Perhaps someone from woot staff can check.

I'm thinking its just that tiny. The bowl is spec'd at 16 oz, which would make it about 6 inches in diameter. Very small. My dog drinks that much in a gulp.

Dwergmal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dwergmal

I recommend against getting a dog bowl that can break. Just think: you're getting the canned dog food ready on the counter dog jumps up, CRASH and then Fido tries to gobble the chow and gets a glass sliver in his esophagus. Vet bills.

kpatterson67

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kpatterson67

Note that it is possible that elevated dog bowls can lead to bloat in large dogs. Better to play it safe and keep the bowls on the ground.

Also note that metal bowls are the least likely to harbor bacteria.

Glass bowl? LOL! Yeah nothing could go wrong there...

kpatterson67

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kpatterson67
ginbak wrote:I'm thinking its just that tiny. The bowl is spec'd at 16 oz, which would make it about 6 inches in diameter. Very small. My dog drinks that much in a gulp.

3 cups dry food capacity is more than enough for almost any size dog if you are feeding a high quality food. My largest dog is 60 lbs, borderline between medium and large, and she eats 2 cups a day at most.

3 cups would hold like a week's worth of food for my chihuahua foster.

Also, listing shows diameter at over 9 inches.

ginbak

kpatterson67 wrote:3 cups dry food capacity is more than enough for almost any size dog if you are feeding a high quality food. My largest dog is 60 lbs, borderline between medium and large, and she eats 2 cups a day at most.

3 cups would hold like a week's worth of food for my chihuahua foster.

Also, listing shows diameter at over 9 inches.

Yep. My 86lb dog gets 2 cups of kibble per day (split in two meals with a bit of canned as a motivator). But I have to put it in a bowl big enough for him to get his snout in. A 16 oz bowl is too small for him.

I would have liked the larger, elevated lion-head that they show in the main photo for a water bowl on the porch (maybe). This guy goes through the water... like water.