3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

lichme

quality posts: 3052 Private Messages lichme

Lock and Lock makes some of the best storage containers out there. Dropped them many times with no spills.

webgenie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webgenie

Love them...love them...love them!

OmniOne

quality posts: 6 Private Messages OmniOne

bought some of the smaller lock&lock containers and am very happy with them....may have to pick these up as well

duanie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duanie

Anyone else have trouble with these little tabs coming off? I bought a set at Costco. First set had missing tabs right out of the box so I took it back. No small feat seeing as I live on a small island. Anyway, second set and already three of the little tabs have snapped off.

SunflowerPrincess

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess

Do these nest inside each other when not in use? We have storage issues.

[MOD: THEY NEST! See this post for more info.]

Oops, my Tiara slipped!

willeet

quality posts: 2 Private Messages willeet

Love the nesting Lock & Lock sets I purchased a while back. I'm awaiting their return here so I can send some my Mom's way (so she can return the ones I've left over there) and maybe put another box in reserve for myself.

OmniOne

quality posts: 6 Private Messages OmniOne

what's with the square/lattice on the bottom of the two larger containers? just wondering...

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc

I love the Lock & Lock containers I have, but why do these look like they're made to match Teletubbies? What's with all the colors? Orange or purple or green or yellow or blue would be fine. All of them in one set? Not so much.

Pity. These sizes would be very useful.

paintednightsky

quality posts: 6 Private Messages paintednightsky
OmniOne wrote:what's with the square/lattice on the bottom of the two larger containers? just wondering...

I would imagine just to keep air circulating for veggies/fruits.

limacamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages limacamp
duanie wrote:Anyone else have trouble with these little tabs coming off? I bought a set at Costco. First set had missing tabs right out of the box so I took it back. No small feat seeing as I live on a small island. Anyway, second set and already three of the little tabs have snapped off.

No, but I have lost the gaskets, tonight I noticed 2 were gone. I was JUST saying "I need a new set." Here they are

paintednightsky

quality posts: 6 Private Messages paintednightsky

I wish these came in one color that you can pick. I I got the memo to taste the rainbow. I have the clear set and they are very sturdy and durable. Much thicker than ziplock containers and the like. Only issue is they don't nest. I sometimes create a tower and some go missing when they slide down and go behind the counter...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

paintednightsky wrote:I would imagine just to keep air circulating for veggies/fruits.

And to keep moisture away from the food items.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

duanie wrote:Anyone else have trouble with these little tabs coming off? I bought a set at Costco. First set had missing tabs right out of the box so I took it back. No small feat seeing as I live on a small island. Anyway, second set and already three of the little tabs have snapped off.

I've heard good reports from people that have contacted Lock & Lock for replacements.

Also, these DO NEST. See this post for more info.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Patsycar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Patsycar

Great for a shower gift at this price.

lstaff

quality posts: 202 Private Messages lstaff

i have lock & locks, and love them. Very durable, watertight, resist scratching with washing, and take very little pressure to open or close the tabs so someone with arthritis or poor dexterity should still be able to use these with ease. I highly recommend them.

arrlove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arrlove

They don't nest!!!! I bought a set similar from woot a month ago and was very disappointed to find out they don't nest. Still overall good containers though.

sdc100

quality posts: 506 Private Messages sdc100

These are good, but Lock and Lock missed out on solving a problem that has plagued storage containers for decades -- finding the lids that match the container. Rather than make all the lids clear, they should have color-matched them to the containers. That way, you won't to wade though dozens of lids to find the rights size.

yayobama

quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama

The tiny ones work well to make a can of tuna last for several days (drizzle its juice on dry vittles)--but kitty comes scampering into the kitchen every time she hears that familiar "pop" of lids unlocking. It's Pavlovian plastic!

sdc100

SunflowerPrincess wrote:Do these nest inside each other when not in use? We have storage issues.

They don't nest[le] snugly, but with a little creative assembling, they don't take up that much room. I have a similar set and as you can see, it takes up just a little more than 15" square. Admittedly, a few pieces were in use in the fridge when this photo was taken.

sdc100

OmniOne wrote:what's with the square/lattice on the bottom of the two larger containers? just wondering...

1) It helps circulate air

2) And more importainly, it helps drain moisture to the bottom to prevent rotting. This is especially helpful with washed vegetables, and berries which tend to "bleed."

sdc100

Here's a hint to prolong the life of the tabs. Run the containers under hot water to make them more pliable before opening. This is especially helpful when taking the contianers out of the freezer, where the cold stiffens the plastic.

There's also another reason to run them under hot water. See next post...

stevenstepheni

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stevenstepheni

Love these! The quality is GREAT!!
BUT I also hate them because they don't nest! Ugh! It's driving me crazy! Taking up way too much room. I'm ready to give them to the goodwill...yet...they are so wonderful so I don't have the guts. If you've got plenty of space, go for it! If not...pass. I think snapware ones (Costco) are just as good and they nest.

cgwodehouse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cgwodehouse

Must...not...purchase...more...Lock&Lock...

DAMMIT!!

wolfwebwoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wolfwebwoot
SunflowerPrincess wrote:Do these nest inside each other when not in use? We have storage issues.

I have a couple of the nesting sets and love them! It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like this might be a mixed set...some nesting, some regular. The ones with the 1-inch or so "ridge" at the top look like they might be the nesting ones. Can anyone at WOOT tell us for certain?

sdc100

HINT:

When taking the containers out of the freezer, or even the fridge, run the containers under hot water for about 30 secs to a minute before opening. Not only will the tabs be more pliable, but the lids will also open more easily. That's because cold temperatures shrink gases, creating a vacuum, sucking the lids on. Remember Charles Law in Chemistry? Heating the container expands the gases in the container, breaking the vacuum. This effect is especially pronounced when the container was frozen.

stevenstepheni

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stevenstepheni
wolfwebwoot wrote:I have a couple of the nesting sets and love them! It's hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like this might be a mixed set...some nesting, some regular. The ones with the 1-inch or so "ridge" at the top look like they might be the nesting ones. Can anyone at WOOT tell us for certain?

I think you're right!!! After I just complained about how I hate mine because they don't nest! The two purple ones on the right and the little ones on top DO look like they taper! These just might nest! Soooo jealous, now I'm tempted to take mine to goodwill like I've been threatening and getting these! I'll sleep on it...I spent a lot during these last two days of woot offs! :-D.

I waited and waited for one of those expensive toaster ovens I've been kicking myself for not getting and I didn't see one this woot!

candelabra

quality posts: 2 Private Messages candelabra
paintednightsky wrote:I wish these came in one color that you can pick. I I got the memo to taste the rainbow. I have the clear set and they are very sturdy and durable. Much thicker than ziplock containers and the like. Only issue is they don't nest. I sometimes create a tower and some go missing when they slide down and go behind the counter...

The non-nesting was a deal killer for me, I returned a set to costco. And I like when the lids can be stuck together too, these don't apparently have that.

webgenie

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webgenie
candelabra wrote:The non-nesting was a deal killer for me, I returned a set to costco. And I like when the lids can be stuck together too, these don't apparently have that.

The major draw for these items are the fact that they are so solidly made AND they do not contain BPA but secondly the way that they seal. As noted above (thank you so much for the advice about warm water) when they are put into the fridge or freezer they create a vacuum seal with a rubber gasket. I cannot say enough good things about these sets. I don't care if they nest I store EVERYTHING in them. everything comes out of containers and goes into my lock and lock. this makes my cabinets look so neat and organized. I never seem to have enough Lock and Lock!

amnishaw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amnishaw

If you look closely, the edges are tapered and rounded, and have the cloudy band on top... Maybe some do nest. I think the ones the don't are the flat ones. But, I could be wrong.

I would surely be killed if I bought more tupperware but man, I want this!

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose

I think your Costco set wasn't really Lock & Lock. I'm rough with my plastic ware (I have never run hot water over them before opening) and this hasn't been a problem for me. Every time these come up on woot, there are rave reviews. I think those are Lock & Lock look-alikes that you bought.

kmontrose

parkermc wrote:I love the Lock & Lock containers I have, but why do these look like they're made to match Teletubbies? What's with all the colors? Orange or purple or green or yellow or blue would be fine. All of them in one set? Not so much.

Pity. These sizes would be very useful.

Seriously? You care what color your plastic containers are? The cheap ones I have now are all different colors - just from the stains! I'm in for one!

Igarden2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Igarden2

My wife loves her Lock & Lock containers. No problems with tabs breaking off. IF these had nesting or a neat organizer this would be the deal of the year.
The only turkey in the Lock & Lock lineup is the pitcher. It leaks from the top nearest to the handle.

smeci

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smeci

Do they contain BPA , I don't find anything about it being BPA free??

kmiller4

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kmiller4
smeci wrote:Do they contain BPA , I don't find anything about it being BPA free??

First bullet under features states they are BPA free.

kmontrose

This set includes generous sizes. It will go well with my previous L&L purchase. Hopefully, even though they don't technically nest, they will play nicely together in the drawer.

michoutdoors

quality posts: 6 Private Messages michoutdoors

LOVE the L & L I bought from Woot moons ago. They are the semi-transparent variety with light blue lids....and THEY NEST. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, Woot, bring these back. No issues with broken tabs or lost gaskets. The only issue I had was some tomato sauce heated in the microwave. It scorched the plastic. So, I don't do that anymore.

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek

These come filled with food right? Just to test the seal and ruggedness of the Lock & Lock? I think I might be in for one... Probably time to get rid of the ziplock containers anyways.

my3bassets

quality posts: 1 Private Messages my3bassets

I have these things all over my house; they're not just for kitchen use! In the kitchen I keep everything from pistachios to fresh ground coffee to real American cheese (not wrapped) and never have a problem for spoilage. I carry them when we travel taking laundry detergent pods in one and dishwasher pods in another. I just leave the containers in the suitcase between trips. They're great for storing attachments for chargers for mobile devices so they slip easily in a drawer, don't get knotted and don't take up counter space. I've never had a snap of this style from Lock & Lock ever snap off.

heiroglyphica

quality posts: 2 Private Messages heiroglyphica
arrlove wrote:They don't nest (

Actually, they look to be a mixture of nesting and non-nesting. The ones on the left don't look like they're the nesting variety (though I can't guarantee), but almost all the others seem to have the telltale lip and slightly angled sides that are unique to the nesting.

I own sets of both, and they seem to be of equal quality to me, despite complaints I've read before of the nesting containers being thinner. I prefer the straight edges of the non-nesting, but they do take up a fair bit of room when not in use.

Considering how fun and colorful these are, they're terribly tempting despite my already larger than necessary L&L collection

ETA: I have the lock & lock ice cube tray container, and even coming straight from the freezer and even being opened multiple times a day straight from the freezer the tabs have held strong.