WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pamper Your Floor with Vacuums

Just like TLC's hit song, I don't want no scrubs. But I'm all about vacuums, so it's a good thing we've got all these vacuums for sale. Instead of getting on your knees and scrub-a-dubbing your floor, plug one of these bad boys in, and vroom away the dirt that's all over your floor.

Serafyna

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Serafyna

I have a Neato and we love it. We named her Coco, though Rosie *Jetson* was in the running. We have a large home with tile and wood downstairs. 2 dogs that go in and out and 4 kids. Our machine is programmable, she runs every night at 8:30p. It's amazing and a bit gross how much she gets EVERY day. She does well enough to keep the floor from feeling grimy between deep cleans. I have back issues and didn't want to feel obligated to sweep the floors everyday. My husband actually said it's one of the best purchases we've made in a long time.

The cons: She's noisey. Our house is tile/hardwood downstairs like I mentioned - so it really echos. Cleaning out her bin is a bit gross. You have to pull off the filter, like any bagless it's not as "clean" as a bagged system to dump the stuff. She also needs to charge a few times to get through all of our floor. You need to make sure everything tiny is picked up. (Legos... everywhere... it's like an infestation)

We don't use ours on carpet, so I can't speak to that, but I really enjoy having her for tile and wood.

Bottom line - We love ours. She gets up dust, dirt, pet hair, human hair, leaves, etc.. and the occasional suicidal lego. It's a great "between cleans" machine for our house.

mrfishwhiskers

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mrfishwhiskers

Is the DC41 the Pet model?

rls5098

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rls5098

I bought the XV-21 (Pet and Allergy Model) and it's been fantastic. I have a pretty open floor plan with all hardwoods and it cleans it with no problem. I set it in my great room (dining + kitchen + living rooms) and it vacuums everything while I'm at work. It goes back to its base to charge midway through and then picks up where it left off.

It was hard to justify the price at first, but after using it (combined with how much I hated vacuuming) I find it completely worth it.

Edit:
I was researching the difference between the XV-11 and XV-21 and found this Amazon blog post that may be helpful

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2BJG7VT7HM42L/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B007JOJ9QQ&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mrfishwhiskers wrote:Is the DC41 the Pet model?

Refurbished Dysons are rarely the Animal model. The difference between the regular and Animal models is one motorized accessory. That accessory is not included in this offer.

TL;DR: No, it's not Animal.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

luke975

quality posts: 14 Private Messages luke975

wow the scooba 380 got pretty bad reviews on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/iRobot-Scooba-Floor-Washing-Robot/dp/B001GDJRBS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361861830&sr=8-1&keywords=iRobot+Scooba+380+Floor+Washing+Robot

to the woot staff member that screwed up the back2skool code so I could get a lot of nice things for free - thank you.

tigerfish313

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tigerfish313
mrfishwhiskers wrote:Is the DC41 the Pet model?

In addition to the answer TT so graciously provided, I would like to add that the attachment that makes the vacuum the animal model is about $78 on their website, so you could probably get one of these refurbished models (I just got my DC25 from woot last week and I love it!) plus buy the mini turbine head separately, and still pay WAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY less than you normally would. I may buy the attachment soon, but so far just the little cheap rug cleaner attachment that came with mine is working great, and my 2 dogs shed like it's their job.

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek

I LOVE the description of the Neato Pet & Allergy Upgrade Kit. I moustache you a question, but I'll shave it for later.

fruitopia3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fruitopia3
rls5098 wrote:I bought the XV-21 (Pet and Allergy Model) and it's been fantastic. I have a pretty open floor plan with all hardwoods and it cleans it with no problem. I set it in my great room (dining + kitchen + living rooms) and it vacuums everything while I'm at work. It goes back to its base to charge midway through and then picks up where it left off.

It was hard to justify the price at first, but after using it (combined with how much I hated vacuuming) I find it completely worth it.

Edit:
I was researching the difference between the XV-11 and XV-21 and found this Amazon blog post that may be helpful

http://www.amazon.com/review/R2BJG7VT7HM42L/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B007JOJ9QQ&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

I have been looking at these and tempted every time I see them on here. You have finally convinced me. In for one.

teamman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages teamman

We have the DC41 Animal Complete (got it brand new for $324!) and are super happy with it. Previously had a DC07 from the parents, and the DC41 is like that only much easier to maneuver and use. It's also quieter than most vacuums, including other Dyson models.

Between us, my family, and the wife's family, we have used almost all the Dyson models since the DC07 minus the canisters. None have broken, burnt out, or clogged EVER. My only wish is that the DC41 held as much as the DC07. It's close, but still holds less. Dyson machines could hold a little more, especially since they suck so much up!

program114

quality posts: 0 Private Messages program114
ThunderThighs wrote:Refurbished Dysons are rarely the Animal model. The difference between the regular and Animal models is one motorized accessory. That accessory is not included in this offer.

TL;DR: No, it's not Animal.

FYI, the refurbished animal model (with the turbine accessory) is available for $319.99 (free s/h) from the Dyson ebay store.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=121069289633

6/1/2007 Be The Screaming Monkey, a Woot Tee
6/1/2007 Random scaffolding x3
5/31/2007 iRiver AFT100 Mobile FM Transmitter

InterHmai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InterHmai

Got the xv-11 with pet from groupon a month ago. It's pretty awesome. The XV-21 is essentially the XV-11 with pet kit dressed up as the child of a cylon toaster and super nintendo.

ginger08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ginger08

I own the Scooba and so far I love it. I just wish I would've gotten this deal on it. Instead I paid full price not two weeks ago from the manufacturer.