3%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

baybei

quality posts: 49 Private Messages baybei

Say "sheet set" ten times. We dare you. WE DARE YOU. ARE YOU STRONG ENOUGH TO TAKE THE SHEET SET CHALLENGE????

I took your challenge...after about the fifth time, I no longer sounded like I was saying sheet set! Thanks a lot!

J83pc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages J83pc

Does anyone have any experience on higher thread count sheets with Tempurpedic mattresses?

You didn't always take me where I wanted to go.
No, but I always took you where you needed to go.
doctor.who

ClaireS

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ClaireS

These are poly cotton...Higher thread count does not make as much difference.

Hold out for 100% cotton!

ClaireS

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Yo, we're sure are selling a lot of Sheet!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
And impressing Best Actress winners who'll hopefully read your writeups and stop by.

*gasp* How did you know?!

shadowplay1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shadowplay1

Wonder how many of these people who are buying these think they are getting 100% cotton?

ax89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ax89
shadowplay1 wrote:Wonder how many of these people who are buying these think they are getting 100% cotton?

Probably everyone.

Poly-cotton blend is so... seventies... meh

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel

Selecting from seven shades of sheet sets is superbly strenuous.

The human torch was denied a bank loan.

fat50strat

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fat50strat

I have poly cotton 500tc sheets. I believe they're a higher ratio of cotton than these, but after a while using them they get the little fabric balls on them. I tried to figure out any way to avoid euphemisms when using the word "balls" and talking about my bed.

I was drunk for my first woot...now I can't stop coming here.

squirrrl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages squirrrl

Thread counts are often meaningless.

http://nymag.com/shopping/features/54060/

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=125380&page=1

Unfortunately, the specs on these sheets are incomplete. In any case, I do like the color of the blue sheets.

galalefey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages galalefey
ClaireS wrote:These are poly cotton...Higher thread count does not make as much difference.

Ugh I feel sweaty and gross just thinking about poly sheets.

callthekiteman

quality posts: 18 Private Messages callthekiteman
J83pc wrote:Does anyone have any experience on higher thread count sheets with Tempurpedic mattresses?

Yeeeeeesssss. What do you want to know? I'm kind of a sheet snob....

Unfortunately my tempurpedic consists of 2 twin xl beds so it's hard to find nice sheets.

rprebel

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rprebel
fat50strat wrote:I tried to figure out any way to avoid euphemisms when using the word "balls" and talking about my bed.

It's called pilling.

dreamyvelvet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dreamyvelvet

I picked up a few sets of 100% Egyptian cotton, sateen, 700 tc at a big box store with a bullseye for $40 online today. Fabulous.

dstdcfire

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dstdcfire

I need to cancel.. Thought I was getting 100% cotton..

J83pc

quality posts: 3 Private Messages J83pc
callthekiteman wrote:Yeeeeeesssss. What do you want to know? I'm kind of a sheet snob....

Unfortunately my tempurpedic consists of 2 twin xl beds so it's hard to find nice sheets.

I would love to stock up on better quality sheets but heard higher thread counts don't breathe as well and/or sleep warmer with Tempurpedics. But what I would really love to get is a sheet set that will conform to the mattress without making it feel firmer.

You didn't always take me where I wanted to go.
No, but I always took you where you needed to go.
doctor.who

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dstdcfire wrote:I need to cancel.. Thought I was getting 100% cotton..

Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

llg319

quality posts: 1 Private Messages llg319
dreamyvelvet wrote:I picked up a few sets of 100% Egyptian cotton, sateen, 700 tc at a big box store with a bullseye for $40 online today. Fabulous.

Would you mind posting the link. Thanks.

Laura Graham

meow57

quality posts: 3 Private Messages meow57

My big issue with sheets is the depth of the fitted sheet. How does a 16" drop fit an 18" mattress? Has never computed this way on my bed...

Wyatt8

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Wyatt8

High thread count in 100% cotton OR ... Bamboo ... or silk for that matter ...
High thread count natural fibers on a "memory foam" bed will work fine.

However, a cotton-plastic blend?
High thread count here is about as important as the guage of the plastic in the spork you pick up with your lunch.

Check out your local Tuesday Morning store for natural fibers and high thread counts at similar price points.

High thread counts with natural fibers are a luxury in texture and wear longer than the cheap stuff.

These, buy them for the color, if you need guest room sheets...

IMHO

a perfect day to have a great day on purpose...
or because the store clerk told you to...

MissBehaving

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MissBehaving

I'd be all over these if they were 100% cotton, but I won't do poly/cotton. This is the first time sheets have caught my eye here on homewoot. Anyone know if they ever offer 100% cotton sheets?

captchrista

quality posts: 0 Private Messages captchrista
ClaireS wrote:These are poly cotton...Higher thread count does not make as much difference.

Exactly...anything with polyester should be illegal...ewwwwww

Menotti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Menotti

Putting aside the poly-cotton issue, everything over 400 thread count is not achievable without some sort of trick. Read this:

http://www.linenplace.com/product_guide/truth_about_thread_count.html

cksphd

quality posts: 13 Private Messages cksphd

You can have the best mattress in the world, but if you put anything but 100% cotton sheets (or bamboo) on it, you will not get the same quality of sleep.

Sheets with polyester do not breathe, and your body sweat will cause you to stick to them. Not pleasant.

Wait for good sheets!

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom

Cotton/polyester that must be washed with cold water.

When I saw the thread count and the conspicuous lack of the word "cotton" in the description I went straight to the specs to confirm my suspicions. I'm surprised there's any cotton in them.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Love those cheapie micro-fiber sheets sold in less reputable stores that say (in big letters), "800 COUNT EGYPTIAN COTTON." Then in TINY print, "feels like" somewhere above the big print.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

addixon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages addixon
dreamyvelvet wrote:I picked up a few sets of 100% Egyptian cotton, sateen, 700 tc at a big box store with a bullseye for $40 online today. Fabulous.

I'm seeing ~$70-$80 for 600TC. Any direction to your deal?

gentlenan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gentlenan

You lost me at the "polyester". Cotton ONLY please.

b4tehpwn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages b4tehpwn

They're out of most of the king size colors, makes me a saaaad panda

rpmosby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rpmosby

[quote postid="5360179" user="ClaireS"]These are poly cotton...Higher thread count does not make as much difference.

Hold out for 100% cotton![/quote

Thank you! Almost bought without noticing!

dstdcfire

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dstdcfire
ThunderThighs wrote:Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

I did thank you...
Pro wooter!!

VanillaXtract

quality posts: 1 Private Messages VanillaXtract

I saw a set of pillow cases at that store for $35. The sheet set was about $70-$90

david223

quality posts: 2 Private Messages david223

Claire, I totally agree with you. If these sheets were 800 thread count 100% Egyptian cotton I'd buy a set. To me poly/cotton is just not comfortable.

clintone

quality posts: 12 Private Messages clintone
addixon wrote:I'm seeing ~$70-$80 for 600TC. Any direction to your deal?

I had the same question, but a little searching on Target's site-enter "sheet sets" and then check "clearance". I'm guessing the other poster is referring to "Royal Heritage 700 Thread Count Sheet Set" listed for $39.98-$49.98"
http://www.target.com/p/royal-heritage-700-thread-count-sheet-set/-/A-13994766#prodSlot=medium_1_5&term=sheet+sets
My only concern about this one is the mixed reviews. 4 reviews-2 loved them, 2 didn't.

I can't speak for these sheets, but after a lifetime of 300tc, I decided to pick up some 700tc on sale at another box store. Far more money, even discounted, than I ever spent on sheets, but after sleeping on 700tc, I'll never go back to 300s. I can't describe the difference except to say they just feel better.

jorfrost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jorfrost

Thread count is a joke. I had a set of 1000tc egyptian cotton that felt like sandpaper.

callthekiteman wrote:Yeeeeeesssss. What do you want to know? I'm kind of a sheet snob....

A sheet snob? Then you're in luck! http://www.thomasleeltd.com/

Their regular sheets are dreamy. But if you like bamboo, their bamboo sheets are to die for.

dergage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dergage

800 thread count? That's like sleeping in lotion!

http://www.myspace.com/video/aziz-ansari/quot-sheets-quot-from-quot-intimate-moments-for-a-sensual-evening-quot/102366759

GK

yayobama

quality posts: 12 Private Messages yayobama

are these refurbished too?

SynergyNT

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SynergyNT
baybei wrote:Say "sheet set" ten times. We dare you. WE DARE YOU. ARE YOU STRONG ENOUGH TO TAKE THE SHEET SET CHALLENGE????

I took your challenge...after about the fifth time, I no longer sounded like I was saying sheet set! Thanks a lot!

Now say, "I slit a sheet. A sheet I slit. Upon a slitted sheet I sit."

Cryosplyntr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Cryosplyntr

Fun fact: this is not 7 sets for 60 dollars. My mother informed me of this after I told her she could get 7 sets of sheets for less than 10 dollars a set.