quality posts: 2292 Private Messages lichme

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

yep wrong set compared.

I always did like yardsales.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 506 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

You won't find this set on your hunts of the Interwebs. Best place to look would be the previous sale linked above.

Reminder: We are not selling the Chef's Classic set.

RightWingWacko

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RightWingWacko

Is this set compatible with Induction Cook Tops?

cherylrwalker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cherylrwalker
RightWingWacko wrote:Is this set compatible with Induction Cook Tops?

I doubt it . . . it's stainless steel over aluminum.

shizknight

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shizknight

If it isn't the chef's classic set the first bullet point under features might need to be changed. Any idea on what sets them apart?

ThunderThighs

Staff

shizknight wrote:If it isn't the chef's classic set the first bullet point under features might need to be changed. Any idea on what sets them apart?

Whoopsie. I'm checking on that info in the features.

I don't have info on the differences other than the handles are different and maybe the composition.

r5sec5cyl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages r5sec5cyl

Compare this to http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=18603136&RN=0&KSKU=133189&

Notice that the Chef's Classic set all has slightly bigger sizes on the sauce pans and stock pot 1qt>1.5qt, 2qt>2.5qt, 6qt>8qt

Seems to be the only difference I see

cicatrize

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cicatrize

I have had a similar set (10 piece, no strainer) for about 5 years. Mine has thicker handles than this, but the set is like this one (except the handles): http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-77-10-Stainless-10-Piece-Cookware/dp/B00008CM68

This cookware is very very good. I don't think the deal is that spectacular, since I got my 10-piece for $99 at a retail store, but it's still worth it. The bottoms of these get a little blackened over time, but their ability doesn't suffer. They are great quality and spread heat quickly and evenly, especially for stainless steel. The ones I have are a copper base that helps spread the heat. No pictures to compare the bottoms, but I assume these are the same. Definitely would recommend.

ottoaim

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ottoaim

I bought a similar Cuisinart set at Costco.

I originally liked them a lot, however I found the lids have a crevice between the glass and the metal ring. If you have starchy pasta boil up it is really hard to fit a sponge in the crack to clean it.

I returned them.

duxbarak

quality posts: 1 Private Messages duxbarak
cherylrwalker wrote:I doubt it . . . it's stainless steel over aluminum.

Stainless steel works with induction. The aluminum core shouldn't hinder it much, if any.

boodahfinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boodahfinger

Just to warn everyone who may be considering this that Cuisinart does not make their cookware with 18/10 stainless steel anymore. If you look at the reviews on Amazon you'll see that the earlier reviews raved about Cuisinart's excellence but then eventually the reviews start getting very bad. The problem a lot of people are having with current Cuisinart cookware is that corrosion marks appear on the inside surface of the pots/pans due to the lack of the nickel plating. I learned it too late and even though they do have a warranty you still have to ship the pots/pans to them and include a $7 return shipping fee for them to send a replacement.

tonyp063

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonyp063
RightWingWacko wrote:Is this set compatible with Induction Cook Tops?

Probably not. According to Cuisinart's site, the only products they make that are, are their fully clad ones.

http://www.cuisinart.com/products/cookware-comparison.html

wootshoop

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootshoop

Are these dishwasher safe?

Oven safe? To what temperature? Are the glass lids oven safe as well?

Thanks!

lnjelinek

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lnjelinek

The 6 qt stock pot is too small to make a nice batch of home brew beer.

loraord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loraord
duxbarak wrote:Stainless steel works with induction. The aluminum core shouldn't hinder it much, if any.

Totally wrong statement. In order for cookware to be induction compatable, it has to have a magnetic layer(iron). I have Cuisinart stainless cookware from before I got an induction cooktop that is not compatable. If a magnet doesn't stick to the bottom you can't use it. Just didn't want anyone misinformed.

This set may or may not be compatable. My guess is because of the price and the fact that induction capability is not mentioned, it isn't.

knottsjer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knottsjer
ThunderThighs wrote:Whoopsie. I'm checking on that info in the features.

I don't have info on the differences other than the handles are different and maybe the composition.

Waiting to hear so I know if I'll buy or not. Any updates?

lleifert

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lleifert
ThunderThighs wrote:Whoopsie. I'm checking on that info in the features.

Are they the Chef's Classic??

melrenner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages melrenner

what's the model number?
i really want to buy but need more details before purchasing.

mlcarlin2013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlcarlin2013

I'm seeing that this may not be the set that is listed the chef's classic - which one do you actually get if you buy it?

schliemann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schliemann

Will it go to Uberlandia, Brazil with the $5 shipping?

vinhhoangn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vinhhoangn

where is this made? China or France?

jimroth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimroth

The regular Chef's Classic set is not induction-compatible, and is made in China. The FRENCH Classic set IS induction-compatible and is marked as such on the bottom. I just bought the French set, for $300 yes, on Amazon, and I love it. And it's made in France.

Yoooder

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Yoooder

A definitive answer of whether or not this set is induction compatible would be awesome, until then it's a no-buy for me.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Ok, here's the low down on this set.

It's not Chef's Classic.
It's called Classic Stainless.

HOWEVER, the only difference is the handles on the pans.

Notice that our set has different size pans than many of the other sets you are comparing it to so pay attention to that.

Hope this helps!

Jollylittlebaker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Jollylittlebaker

Have had this set for about a year now, no complaints. Seem to be holding up well to my everyday abuse, including dishwasher for both pots/pans and tops.

bethanylanell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bethanylanell

The last time this item went up for sale, I had just decided to switch to it from non-stick pans. I'm very happy with them. They are more versatile and easy to clean than the non-stick ones. I did end up supplementing my set with a 3 qt saucepan though. I also already had a Calphalon 10 in skillet that works a bit better, so I may eventually (years) upgrade. What I am saying is, this is a perfect set for someone new to stainless steel.

kuma99

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kuma99

This set is thin- you will never get good results. Cooking is all about heat transfer.

Build a set of pots & pans. They wont match, but will be worlds better.

If you actually have the proper hollowware, cooking is fun. conductivity, which really means control, goes from silver>copper>alum>stainless

Get a cast iron skillet-Griswold. An enameled Dutch oven (rachael ray works as good as Le Crusset). Get a few thick copper pans- sauce and saute- Falk.

omelette- thick aluminum- i like thick Calphalon.

Just get the few you need, get best quality you can- even used.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Another CON-air company. I've had some of the worst customers service ever from them. So bad, in fact, that I swore never to buy more CON-air crap again.

The most egregious experience was actually a Cuisinart, a mini-chopper. DOA. They sent a few parts for an unrelated item, and then claimed that they'd already "honored the warranty", by sending some wrong parts, and washed their hands of me--refused to talk to me further, and left me with a DOA food processor! !@#$!@

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

ThunderThighs

Staff

schliemann wrote:Will it go to Uberlandia, Brazil with the $5 shipping?

Sorry, only shirt.woot ships outside the United States.

ThunderThighs

Staff

More Answers to Questions

This is not induction-ready.

The handle is different than the Chef’s Classic set. It is still cool-grip.

This set is dishwasher safe.

Glass lids are oven safe to 350˚F, cookware is oven safe to 500˚F.

mlcarlin2013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlcarlin2013
ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, here's the low down on this set.

It's not Chef's Classic.
It's called Classic Stainless.

HOWEVER, the only difference is the handles on the pans.

Notice that our set has different size pans than many of the other sets you are comparing it to so pay attention to that.

Hope this helps!

You might want to repost the price then too because the Classic Stainless is normally $200 not the $495! Definitely not as good of a deal. Would have bought them if they were the Chef Classic but not the Classic Stainless.

fjp999

quality posts: 14 Private Messages fjp999

Purchased this set the last time they were on sale.

If you hit the link on the first post for Previous Sale I wrote the last post concerning an issue with one pan and one lid.

"CON-air" customer service was pretty horrid! Woot helped out a bit - so pretty happy with their help on the cost of returns to CON-air! Eventually CON-air made good on the stuff I got back but it took a lot of work and many calls back and forth.

Basically on arrival one pan had a dark mark - looked like a burn mark??? and one lid had black gunky stuff between the lid and glass which kinda looked like mold. It was impossible to wash out!

Another person said that the lids are difficult to get between this space and it is true. You have to get very creative to get this area clean and dry.

The black/gunk was not pretty looking.

Oh, btw, when I gave CON-air the serial number they couldnt find it... I told them that Woot said it was a special custom made thing... CON-air said Woot was lying!!! A couple days later CON-air said Woot was correct and it was a custom order!

nylostinva

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nylostinva

Any idea what grade stainless steel they are made of if it's not 18/8?

danielcarew

quality posts: 1 Private Messages danielcarew
kuma99 wrote:This set is thin- you will never get good results. Cooking is all about heat transfer.

Build a set of pots & pans. They wont match, but will be worlds better.

If you actually have the proper hollowware, cooking is fun. conductivity, which really means control, goes from silver>copper>alum>stainless

Get a cast iron skillet-Griswold. An enameled Dutch oven (rachael ray works as good as Le Crusset). Get a few thick copper pans- sauce and saute- Falk.

omelette- thick aluminum- i like thick Calphalon.

Just get the few you need, get best quality you can- even used.

THIS!!!! A thousand times THIS! "Sets" may sound convenient....but they're usually crap. Cookware should be thick, heavy.....and feel substantial in your hand. If you want to learn how to cook......get a cast iron skillet. One cast iron skillet can handle 75% of your cooking needs.

Too many people rely on cheap, non-stick pans....cook at WAY too high temps...and never fully get the benefit of quality cookware. Which is fine...if your idea of cooking is microwaving hot pockets. But aspiring home cooks are usually fleeced by fancy-looking, slickly marketed "sets".

You don't have to go expensive either. Sure...I have a full set of Le Creuset...because I can afford it. BUT...my favorite piece of cookware is still a 3qt Martha Stewart saucepan I bought at K-Mart over 10 years ago.

dalvarez46

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dalvarez46

I bought this set....am waiting for it to be shipped.....I hope I made a good purchase