WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Have you ever flown in a private jet?
  • 22.3% - I have. It's the BEST. 61
  • 54.4% - I haven't. I'm scared of it because those things are risky. 149
  • 10.6% - I have and it wasn't all that special. 29
  • 12.8% - I have my own jet and it's fun! 35
274 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

jeland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeland

No, but I played one on TV

davoh

quality posts: 8 Private Messages davoh

No, but I've flown in the Goodyear blimp several times. Not as fast as a jet but, pretty damn cool.

calanthium

quality posts: 16 Private Messages calanthium

Does a 4-seat Cessna in 1968 count? It was private, just not a jet.

glynis37

quality posts: 13 Private Messages glynis37
davoh wrote:No, but I've flown in the Goodyear blimp several times. Not as fast as a jet but, pretty damn cool.

I'd take that over a jet anytime.

Halieus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Halieus

Like calanthium, I got to fly in a 4-seat Cessna, but in 1984... twice! Was only in 8th grade, but both guys let me fly their plane & I was a pretty stoked teenager.

I also got to go down to the Air Force Base the next year, and fly one of the USAF's C5 simulators... that was kinda like a private jet. They had a digital database of every US military runway in the world to choose from, so I thot it'd be cool to take off, fly around, and land at Elmendorf up in Anchorage, Alaska.

davoh

quality posts: 8 Private Messages davoh
Halieus wrote:Like calanthium, I got to fly in a 4-seat Cessna, but in 1984... twice! Was only in 8th grade, but both guys let me fly their plane & I was a pretty stoked teenager.

I also got to go down to the Air Force Base the next year, and fly one of the USAF's C5 simulators... that was kinda like a private jet. They had a digital database of every US military runway in the world to choose from, so I thot it'd be cool to take off, fly around, and land at Elmendorf up in Anchorage, Alaska.

C5 simulator would be cool. I've flown in a C5 and would like to see the view from the cockpit. Many many years ago I was able to check out an A4 simulator. That was before color screens. Everything was monochrome and barely recognizable. I couldn't tell which way was up and ended up burying the plane into the side of a hill.

227cfr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 227cfr

Yes, but it was only to Fargo, so that probably doesn't count...