WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Sweden or Norway?
  • 22% - Sweden, 100%. 162
  • 18.9% - Norway, all the way. 139
  • 59.2% - Wait, why are we having to make this choice? 436
737 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Calgaltoal

My grandfather was a Swedish emigrant, so I have to go for Sweden. He became a citizen of the U.S.

calanthium

quality posts: 16 Private Messages calanthium

My father's parents are both Swedish, so definitely Svenska.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

Norway! Home of the giants!

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

woottoow2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woottoow2

Go Vikings

benjimann1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages benjimann1

Worked in Norway for a few years, my brother is there now, and I have a Norwegian roommate right now...det må være Norge for meg!

I must ask, though: what connection does Woot! have to the Land of the Midnight Sun? I have noticed over the years that, with the possible exception of the USA, Norway has been mentioned more times than any other country on this site!

Does Woot! admire the go-all-in, "burn your boats" mentality of the Vikings? Does Woot! resonate with the barbarian brashness and therefore create a similar culture of respectful impoliteness here? Or does Woot! just identify subtly with the population of trolls? Will we ever know?

jackie31337

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jackie31337

Finland is obviously better than both of them.

glynis37

quality posts: 13 Private Messages glynis37
benjimann1 wrote:Worked in Norway for a few years, my brother is there now, and I have a Norwegian roommate right now...det må være Norge for meg!

I must ask, though: what connection does Woot! have to the Land of the Midnight Sun? I have noticed over the years that, with the possible exception of the USA, Norway has been mentioned more times than any other country on this site!

Does Woot! admire the go-all-in, "burn your boats" mentality of the Vikings? Does Woot! resonate with the barbarian brashness and therefore create a similar culture of respectful impoliteness here? Or does Woot! just identify subtly with the population of trolls? Will we ever know?

They probably are big fans of the "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" credits.

dschrenk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dschrenk

Norwegian wood
Isn't it good?

mlinke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mlinke

"A thousand Swedes run through the weeds, chased by one Norwegian"

Not exactly sure what that means, but I used to live in a place with a lot of Norwegian-Americans, and they would say stuff like that. Oh, and they would also say Uff Da a lot. (Think it basically translates to something like oh crap.)

Mishkin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mishkin

There's Norway you can lose!

giordana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giordana

Denmark.