WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How many different phones have you purchased in your lifetime?
  • 2% - I don't buy phones. I rent them. From MA BELL. 14
  • 24.5% - Less than five, I think. I'm pretty comfortable with the basics. 172
  • 37% - Five to ten. I've got a family. 260
  • 31.5% - More than ten. I gotta stay current! 221
  • 5% - I got that princess phone back in 1986 and I haven't looked back since. 35
702 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

Still rocking the DynaTAC.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

More than 10, I'm old enough to have had 5 land lines in the house when the kids still lived with us before cell phones. And I out lived at least 5 cell phones in the last 15 years.

eblessman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eblessman
olperfesser wrote:More than 10, I'm old enough to have had 5 land lines in the house when the kids still lived with us before cell phones. And I out lived at least 5 cell phones in the last 15 years.

and I still have a bright red rotary dial in the basement. You know that it will make calls without any power!

krhen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krhen
eblessman wrote:and I still have a bright red rotary dial in the basement. You know that it will make calls without any power!

Yep, that's why I keep my old rotary dial in the closet. Any time I lose power I dig it out and plug it in, lol

jerknugget

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jerknugget

i don't think i've ever bought a phone in the strictest sense of the term. when i left home for college i used the pay phone in the dorm. my mom had an 800 number for her office so we could talk for free. i did have one of those nokia 'brick' phones but you only had it in case of emergency. you didn't even keep it turned on!

as years went on i upgraded to a flip phone, then a razr, then an LG that had a keyboard, and then an iphone 4S. all of those phones were 'free' with our phone plan and all were turned in. six months ago i finally had to upgrade from the 4S due to outdated OS and now i have an iphone SE. i don't own that either!

modi123

quality posts: 15 Private Messages modi123

2.5 years into my first smart phone.

x12(2017)

kathleen1966

quality posts: 21 Private Messages kathleen1966

Oh geez..if we are talking only cellphones...heck I had that first Motorola flip phone that weighed 5 pounds! Easily over 10 cell phones...back when you got one a year..oh yeah...had to have the latest toy....nsm anymore..for the record I am an android girl!

Twitter Handle @kitzey
#isthereanybodyoutthere #LoVE #Peace #cancersux