WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: What makes a better pet?
  • 27.4% - Birds 205
  • 72.6% - Fish 542
747 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain

Birds are noisy. Also messier than fish.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

ardubu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ardubu

Birds are more interactive.
Fish are good with rice.

Ah, the hell with it.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 61 Private Messages PocketBrain
ardubu wrote:Birds are more interactive.
Fish are good with rice.

So you agree... fish!

a little lemon, a little butter...

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

Fish are relaxing. You can watch the little water breathers for hours and just let your mind wander.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 87 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Fish.

They are easier to flush when they die.

snarkyman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages snarkyman

Don't care = No vote

NewYork

quality posts: 2 Private Messages NewYork

The expression "cold fish" exists for a reason.

New York NY

queball89

quality posts: 1 Private Messages queball89

D all of the above.....

aliceinga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aliceinga

A puppy dog or a kitty cat; something with a personality.

glynis37

quality posts: 13 Private Messages glynis37

Fish do not crap all over your house, or your person.

Halieus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Halieus

Personally, I like a dog... something I can pet, scratch behind the ears, brush their coat, throw a ball around with, and that will come sit with me if I get home and just want to be still.

Fish don't do well if they're removed from their tank and pet... birds are pretty messy, noisy, they smell (I think I might be allergic to them), and they're not very fun to throw a ball around with.

Since I have 5 kids, I don't need to walk the dog, feed the dog, or clean up after them, so dogs work for me.

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Calgaltoal

I want an aquarium. I had a great parakeet. He was talking. He would fly around the house, perch on my shoulder.(cats outside) He had so much personality. My son was three and I put the bird in his cage and told my son it was time to eat. The den door closed quick and I heard my son say, poor bird, poor bird. I went in, no bird. He closed the door as my bird tried to get back to me, got the picture? He hid my dead bird in the sofa. That was a real bummer. My cats now will not let me get a bird, my little one is a ferocious hunter.

MHarris68

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MHarris68

As far as I know, there are no talking or chatty fish. Which, I can assume, would be a reason why some people would prefer a fish.

Teacup67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Teacup67

Plants make the best pets. No bad smells, no staring eyes, and you can eat some of them, too