Top 2% of Home Woots
Top 5% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

Emerson Portable Ice Maker
Price: $69.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days (Monday, Mar 20 to Thursday, Mar 23) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
11/22/2016 - $89.99 - Click To See Discussion (6 comments)
6/22/2016 - $69.99 (Woot-off) - Click To See Discussion (1 comments)
6/22/2016 - $69.99 (Woot-off) - Click To See Discussion (8 comments)

9/14/2016 - $69.99 (Woot Plus)

mtrodrig84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mtrodrig84

It makes ice, but can't store ice? So . . . I have to sit there and wait for the ice to be dumped out by the machine, and then transport it to my freezer? I think i'll stick to scraping the frost from the back of my refrigerator . . .

barrywilliams991

quality posts: 2 Private Messages barrywilliams991
mtrodrig84 wrote:It makes ice, but can't store ice? So . . . I have to sit there and wait for the ice to be dumped out by the machine, and then transport it to my freezer? I think i'll stick to scraping the frost from the back of my refrigerator . . .

Hey,

If you ever do buy a portable ice maker, don't buy one that makes "bullet" shaped, er, "cubes". You'll hate them!

If you do buy a portable ice maker that makes, er, uh, well, cube cubes. You'll love it! We never store the ice in our refrigerator because we use it up nearly as fast as it is made.

Ours (like the one for sale) has room to store quite a bit of ice until it is used.

We have one that looks like this one but has a different maker's name on it:
https://www.compactappliance.com/edgestar-portable-stainless-steel-clear-ice-maker/IP211SS.html

alicexu0208

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alicexu0208

nice Ice maker

FixITTek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FixITTek

I mean this ice maker is cheap enough that you can hire someone with the money saved to baby sit it and move the ice to your freezer.. I mean come on!! Why with this type of deal would you want a built in ice maker in your freezer??

On a real note I guess it would work if your having a party....

hirschman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hirschman

I picked this up last May, and absolutely love it. It will hold around a half of a gallon freezer bag full of ice before needing to be emptied into your freezer for storage. The hopper is insulated so the ice that is made does keep for a bit.

I've made at least 200 lbs of ice without a single problem. Just make sure to not store water in the unit when not in use or it may grow some nasties.

brucethebarguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brucethebarguy

I bought one last time and love it. It keeps ice just fine if you use it fast. (couple of hours) It makes it quick!

Sugary Sweetness

IVGRAF16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IVGRAF16

Very indispensable thing in hot weather whiskey with ice it's beautiful

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 135 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Very important to watch for mold in your ice makers. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/16/ice-cubes-gross_n_5475301.html

sillycatvalley.com &
ACPress.com - creative stuff, y'know!

tradergeorge

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tradergeorge
mtrodrig84 wrote:It makes ice, but can't store ice? So . . . I have to sit there and wait for the ice to be dumped out by the machine, and then transport it to my freezer? I think i'll stick to scraping the frost from the back of my refrigerator . . .

If you are like me and live upstairs, away from the kitchen, and happen to be disabled, this is a Godsend. I have a small mini-fridge, with a nice freezer, but due to my maladies, I go through a lot of ice. This means a lot of trips downstairs, and stairs very difficult for me to navigate. (I have had a couple of scary falls.

This unit pretty much keeps up with my ice needs, and greatly reduces my dangerous trips.

Indiefab

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Indiefab
barrywilliams991 wrote:Hey,

If you ever do buy a portable ice maker, don't buy one that makes "bullet" shaped, er, "cubes". You'll hate them!

If you do buy a portable ice maker that makes, er, uh, well, cube cubes. You'll love it! We never store the ice in our refrigerator because we use it up nearly as fast as it is made.

Ours (like the one for sale) has room to store quite a bit of ice until it is used.

We have one that looks like this one but has a different maker's name on it:
https://www.compactappliance.com/edgestar-portable-stainless-steel-clear-ice-maker/IP211SS.html

To be clear, the Amazon page states that this does make bullet shaped cubes.

scifiwooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages scifiwooter

Does it have direct plumb option or do you have fill the water reservoir routinely.