Top 6% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

Big Boss Oil-Less Fryer - 3 Colors
Price: $62.25
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Thursday, Mar 23 to Tuesday, Mar 28) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

woncoolone

quality posts: 4144 Private Messages woncoolone

n2advbture

quality posts: 0 Private Messages n2advbture

$10 cheaper than Zon plus $5 shipping = $5 cheaper than Zon if you're a Prime member (who isn't)?

Draakan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Draakan

Just be aware that last time I ordered a red one and got a silver one. So just be prepared to not get the color you order.

JuliesHeart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JuliesHeart

Received one dead out of box - does not heat at all yet have to pay to return it and it weighs 17lbs. Big Boss can send out "dead on arrival" all day because you pay $40+ to have to return it. Never again.....this kind of "warranty" should be illegal.

ktappe

quality posts: 13 Private Messages ktappe
JuliesHeart wrote:Received one dead out of box - does not heat at all yet have to pay to return it and it weighs 17lbs. Big Boss can send out "dead on arrival" all day because you pay $40+ to have to return it. Never again.....this kind of "warranty" should be illegal.

Contest the charge on your credit card. Seriously.

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 33 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

JuliesHeart wrote:Received one dead out of box - does not heat at all yet have to pay to return it and it weighs 17lbs. Big Boss can send out "dead on arrival" all day because you pay $40+ to have to return it. Never again.....this kind of "warranty" should be illegal.

Oh no! I'm really sorry to hear that. It sounds like you got in touch with Big Boss- have you also reached out to Woot Customer Service? They may have some other options for you. If you haven’t already, you can use the Customer Service form for assistance.

JP3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JP3

Interesting to note that there are no remarks on the performance. I guess in today's world that means it works okay. No gripes and no heaping of praise.

As for getting the wrong color and dead out of the box, not sure that one-off issues sway me one way or another.

davevpi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages davevpi
TaylorSwiftsHaircut wrote:Oh no! I'm really sorry to hear that. It sounds like you got in touch with Big Boss- have you also reached out to Woot Customer Service? They may have some other options for you. If you haven’t already, you can use the Customer Service form for assistance.

I always see Woot people on the forums say things like this - that we shouldn't have to pay for the return shipping. But your own warranty page says "you are responsible for shipping the product to Woot at your expense." - see http://home.woot.com/warranty under "How to get service".

This is obviously ridiculous and it's the reason I don't order more from Woot.

billmort

quality posts: 3 Private Messages billmort
davevpi wrote:I always see Woot people on the forums say things like this - that we shouldn't have to pay for the return shipping. But your own warranty page says "you are responsible for shipping the product to Woot at your expense." - see http://home.woot.com/warranty under "How to get service".

I've gotten a prepaid label from woot for every return I've had to make.

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 33 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

davevpi wrote:I always see Woot people on the forums say things like this - that we shouldn't have to pay for the return shipping. But your own warranty page says "you are responsible for shipping the product to Woot at your expense." - see http://home.woot.com/warranty under "How to get service".

So, we've actually updated our return policy. You can read about it here!

curvin777

quality posts: 11 Private Messages curvin777
TaylorSwiftsHaircut wrote:So, we've actually updated our return policy. You can read about it here!

That's huge news! I will often decide not to buy something because of the hassle and expense if I have to return it.

Elwoodab

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elwoodab

How many quarts is this thing?

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 135 Private Messages radi0j0hn
billmort wrote:I've gotten a prepaid label from woot for every return I've had to make.

Same here.

sillycatvalley.com &
ACPress.com - creative stuff, y'know!

jd3538

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jd3538

I've had one of these for well over a year. The timer knob broke early on, but a pair of needle nose pliers does the job. The fan in mine seems to be a little slower to get up to speed than it did when new. I'll end up replacing it once it gives out altogether. Since I got mine I've rarely used my full-size over. Sorry if this was actually a product review. I'm too tired to come up with anything snarky.

nastynatetower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nastynatetower

I have this... same and I think it's bigger. Never had any issues
https://www.amazon.com/Oyama-TRO-110C-Turbo-Convection-White/dp/B003XJE60U/ref=sr_1_8?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1490061188&sr=1-8&keywords=convection+oven

Larry1977

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Larry1977
nastynatetower wrote:I have this... same and I think it's bigger. Never had any issues
https://www.amazon.com/Oyama-TRO-110C-Turbo-Convection-White/dp/B003XJE60U/ref=sr_1_8?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1490061188&sr=1-8&keywords=convection+oven

This item will be released on April 15, 2017.

Larry1977

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Larry1977

Received mine today and it was the right color. I noticed the cooking times in the instructions seems to be if you want to eat under-cooked food or are they not counting the preheat time? Going to be looking to buy another mesh basket since it only comes with one and I have more cooking uses with the mesh type.

cov111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cov111

This isn't for a single, small meal cook. The picture doesn't really show the HUGE size of this cooker, and I missed the 16"x16" dimension and 16 quart capacity in the specs. It's also quite heavy.