Top 1% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5][Preview 6][Preview 7]

Thermal Blackout Grommet Panel Pair
Price: $19.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Wednesday, Mar 22 to Thursday, Mar 23) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

johnboy3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnboy3

Enough for two windows ?

jeffdoh

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jeffdoh

Is the bar adjustable? I have a 110" sliding door panel where I'd love to put this.

[MOD: Rod is not included]

Jeffrey Lax

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 30 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

johnboy3 wrote:Enough for two windows ?

Depends on the windows...

mtsugawa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mtsugawa
jeffdoh wrote:Is the bar adjustable? I have a 110" sliding door panel where I'd love to put this.

I don't think the curtain rod is included.

Cherub32169

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cherub32169

Is the size listed for each panel or for both combined?

andrewtl

quality posts: 28 Private Messages andrewtl

Make sure you factor in the pleat when calculating how many you need. We didn't when we bought these and you may not get another chance... now we have mismatch curtains.

pfffft!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 976 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Cherub32169 wrote:Is the size listed for each panel or for both combined?

Per the features

Each panel measure 38" W x 84" L

So that's for each panel.

*** Play TT's Clue EVERY THURSDAY at 9pm CT ***
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

andrewtl wrote:Make sure you factor in the pleat when calculating how many you need. We didn't when we bought these and you may not get another chance... now we have mismatch curtains.

Correct. With curtains of this type, rule of thumb is to order 1.5 to 2 times the width of the window.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

TalismanUK

quality posts: 7 Private Messages TalismanUK
ThunderThighs wrote:Correct. With curtains of this type, rule of thumb is to order 1.5 to 2 times the width of the window.

I've always found that 2 times rather than 1.5 times gives a better look.

If you don't like doing math then just look at the width of a single panel and that is the size window that a pair will cover.

raskul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raskul

Can you find the size of the grommet hole?

Skizzo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skizzo

What brand are these?

TalismanUK

quality posts: 7 Private Messages TalismanUK
raskul wrote:Can you find the size of the grommet hole?

Not 100% sure for these but every set of grommet top curtains I have ever had from Amazon have always been a standard 1 5/8".

I believe these are the same ones on Amazon.

eparo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eparo
TalismanUK wrote:I believe these are the same ones on Amazon.

Hm... Colors/pictures/descriptions certainly line up. Some of the reviews indicate they let light through and are not true blackout curtains. Maybe the darker colors (i.e.: black) would actually block all light?

So... anyone have experience with these? Hesitant to pull the trigger since I need something that will block light from getting in or out on a front facing master bedroom window... don't want the street seeing shadows during... things.

As an aside - I wish someone had explained to me, prior to buying a house, how hard it can be to just buy a product like this that does what it says for a good price.

EDIT: Noticed these are hassle free returns -- anyone know how the "prepaid cost of return shipping" is calculated? Might be worth risking if they could be returned for $10 or something.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Skizzo wrote:What brand are these?

Sometimes we are unable to give out the brand/manufacturer. This is to protect their brand presence in the marketplace at this price.

michaelvella

quality posts: 19 Private Messages michaelvella
eparo wrote:Hm... Colors/pictures/descriptions certainly line up. Some of the reviews indicate they let light through and are not true blackout curtains. Maybe the darker colors (i.e.: black) would actually block all light?

We have the exact ones that we got from Target with the same white backing - they will NOT block all light, but it does make a big difference. At night no one is going to see in or out with them. Your shenanigans will be well hidden.