wearenotalone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wearenotalone

Q1: Is there a SEARCH function for Woot deals?
(Search via name /model #?)

Way to Filter by price, etc?

Q2: How do you set-up email notification for a particular item?

/Price Alert?

Mavyn

quality posts: 24 Private Messages Mavyn

On the right side there is a field box to use the 'Google Custom Search', and it should find the item.

No way to set up email notifications.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

wearenotalone

Mavyn wrote:On the right side there is a field box to use the 'Google Custom Search', and it should find the item.

No way to set up email notifications.

Thanks!

Note I'd like to CLARIFY I'm wondering if there is a way to search for a item via main Woot /listing pages, NOT via the forums.

(When I saw the Google Custom Search box (In the forums) I thought that might be a work-around.. Search results left a lot to be desired.)

Search term used in Google Custom Search box:
"Yukon Tactical Scout Sling Pack"
(Which is listed HERE:
http://sport.woot.com/offers/tactical-scout-sling-pack-2-colors)

*Also searched with less words, and included "Woot". Adding Woot just giving a link to main Woot page (LOL)

SEARCH RESULTS ?=

Figured results would list the item near the top.
After enabling Googleapis scripting got 175 hits...

Haven't seen the link for the item yet. You'd think using the exact name used in the listing & "Woot" one of the first few links shown would take you right to the product page, but it didn't.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 991 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

wearenotalone wrote:I'd like to CLARIFY I'm wondering if there is a way to search for a item via main Woot /listing pages, NOT via the forums.

(When I saw the Google Custom Search box (In the forums) I thought that might be a work-around..)

Search term used in Google Custom Search box:
"Yukon Tactical Scout Sling Pack"
(Which is listed HERE:
http://sport.woot.com/offers/tactical-scout-sling-pack-2-colors)

*Also searched with less words, and included "Woot". Adding Woot just giving a link to main Woot page (LOL)

SEARCH RESULTS ?=

After enabling Googleapis scripting got 175 hits... Haven't seen the link for the item yet.

Yeah, we don't have a good search function yet. It's been on the list for a long time of things we want.

*** Play TT's Clue - Thursdays at 3PM CT ***
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

wearenotalone

ThunderThighs wrote:Yeah, we don't have a good search function yet. It's been on the list for a long time of things we want.

What is the ETA on getting a proper search function added? 2020, 2025?
Seems like if it's been on the list for a long time it's time to put it on the priority, must do this week list.

Amazing oversight /omission.

You need to have a search function that allows a search via name, model #...

Along with a way to search via price...with the ability to sort via price.

Guess the thought process in not having a way to search is "fear of loss" and/or you hope that persons see something of interest while on the site. Thing is most people don't have TIME to diddy around, drill down thru all the listings.

Thanks for the info.
Real life calls. Got to go!

Foxycasie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foxycasie
wearenotalone wrote:What is the ETA on getting a proper search function added? 2020, 2025?
Seems like if it's been on the list for a long time it's time to put it on the priority, must do this week list.

Amazing oversight /omission.

You need to have a search function that allows a search via name, model #...

Along with a way to search via price...with the ability to sort via price.

Guess the thought process in not having a way to search is "fear of loss" and/or you hope that persons see something of interest while on the site. Thing is most people don't have TIME to diddy around, drill down thru all the listings.

Thanks for the info.
Real life calls. Got to go!

If it's that serious, why not just use amazon? What if the item was sold out and that's why you can not find it? Just curious...