Top 3% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4]

TIM3 MACHIN3
Price: $29.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 3-5 business days. (Wednesday, May 24 to Monday, May 29) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

dafrogman

quality posts: 39 Private Messages dafrogman

TimeTruck?

x12

Golfmom

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Golfmom

Great deal and in for two so the newly employed son does not starve. And his parents either! :-)

LaKASkill

quality posts: 38 Private Messages LaKASkill

This is very tempting and has 9 ratings with 4.5 stars on Amazon. Might want to jump on this one if you are considering it.

lawhound05

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lawhound05

At first glance I thought this was one of the pressure cookers that are all the rage right now, but on closer examination, it's just a rice cooker/steamer. Since I already have one of those, although a smaller & simpler model, I'll pass this time.

threemoons

quality posts: 22 Private Messages threemoons

As the owner of a real InstantPot, I would say get one of those instead of a knockoff.

BTW believe the hype re an InstantPot. And, accept no substitutes.

And yeah, read the fine print, the item here is just a glorified rice cooker.

I got me one!

mjrauma

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mjrauma

The buttons on the machine in the video are different from the ones in the pictures. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Could you even cook those cupcakes without the correct buttons?

candidcandi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages candidcandi

Is the inside (cooking area) plastic or stainless steel? Also the inside of the lid...Plastic?

Redeemed

elvi007

quality posts: 7 Private Messages elvi007

How fast do you have to get going before you can go back to the future?

apogirl070

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apogirl070

Bought one of these when it was on kickstarter. It does not have a pressure cooker function, but it is an amazing slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer! I haven't used the yogurt making function though. It is incredibly light, which is the main reason I love it compared to other brands. It's easy to store and easy for me to put and grab from higher shelves.

duetus1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duetus1

Just fyi:

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2016/sherwood-marketing-recalls-3-squares-rice-and-slow-cookers

[Mod:Ours are not part of the recall]

skione

quality posts: 2 Private Messages skione
elvi007 wrote:How fast do you have to get going before you can go back to the future?

88mph of course!

manlapig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages manlapig

Staff

duetus1 wrote:Just fyi:

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2016/sherwood-marketing-recalls-3-squares-rice-and-slow-cookers

[Mod:Ours are not part of the recall]

Per the vendor, the power cord has been replaced on the units we are selling. This takes care of the recall issue.

rossismyname

quality posts: 10 Private Messages rossismyname

We had one of these and used it all the time, then the recall happened. Still waiting for the replacement. Nice to know they have inventory...

kkrause541

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kkrause541

There was a recall on these things back in December. I sent mine in for a replacement. Six months later STILL NO REPLACEMENT. DO NOT BOTHER WITH THIS PIECE OF CRAP RICE MAKER! save yourself the headache!

[MOD: Ours have the new cord that resolves the recall issue.]
[mod of the mod] yours may have the new cord, but it speaks volumes to their customer service and brand quality when it takes over 6 months to get a replacement]

bryane

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bryane

Does this appliance hold 20 cups of uncooked rice and the water to cook it as well? That's Tardis-worthy for something that fits in an 11" cube (if I'm doing the math right)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 999 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mjrauma wrote:The buttons on the machine in the video are different from the ones in the pictures. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Could you even cook those cupcakes without the correct buttons?

Per the vendor, this unit is the same as the one in the video except for the now combined start/power button and the addition of a new sauté function. The recipe in the video uses the steam function, which is the same on both versions of the TIM3 MACHIN3.

So yes, you can cook cupcakes.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

bryane wrote:Does this appliance hold 20 cups of uncooked rice and the water to cook it as well? That's Tardis-worthy for something that fits in an 11" cube (if I'm doing the math right)

It has a 20-cup capacity. Doesn't hold 20 cups of rice and the necessary water.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

ThunderThighs

Staff

candidcandi wrote:Is the inside (cooking area) plastic or stainless steel? Also the inside of the lid...Plastic?

The cooking pot is aluminum with a Whitford Xylan nonstick coating. The underside of the lid is aluminum. And the steam tray accessory is BPA-free plastic.

sunnycalifornia619

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunnycalifornia619

Bought this on kickstart a while back. We love it so much. It does way more than just cook rice. Worth every penny.

djplauche302

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djplauche302

This is a great rice cooker. Uses fuzzy logic to cook great rice and quinoa every time. At this price there is no better rice cooker.

guroot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guroot

Are these effected by the recall?
http://www.get3squares.com/recall

ThunderThighs

Staff

guroot wrote:Are these effected by the recall?
http://www.get3squares.com/recall

See our post above.

These are not affected by the recall. The cord called out in the recall has been replaced on our units.

jeffstong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffstong

I had one of these for several months. Purchased from Costco. It was in that recall- so I returned it and Costco no longer carried it, so I bought a different brand.

Beyond Rice, the Yogurt mode worked well.

Build quality and materials were good. If it weren't for the recall, I'd still have mine. BTW- reading comments, it appears the Woot offer is not a refurb of the recall units. It is a new, post recall device.

canonizer

quality posts: 23 Private Messages canonizer
threemoons wrote:As the owner of a real InstantPot, I would say get one of those instead of a knockoff.

I think the knock offs are probably fine but this isn't even that.

signed.

ChipUser

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ChipUser

SO this model has a new Saute button. How come the description or specifications don't talk about this feature? Did the manufacturer add some functionality to match the button? What?

The cooking pot is aluminum with a Whitford Xylan nonstick coating. I don't like Aluminum (even coated Al) in my cooking pots. Does the manufacturer say anything about using your own pots as long as they fit inside? Does it need to fit the specific shape of edges etc.? How about say an 8" dia pot with 7" height?

ThunderThighs

Staff

ChipUser wrote:SO this model has a new Saute button. How come the description or specifications don't talk about this feature? Did the manufacturer add some functionality to match the button? What?

The cooking pot is aluminum with a Whitford Xylan nonstick coating. I don't like Aluminum (even coated Al) in my cooking pots. Does the manufacturer say anything about using your own pots as long as they fit inside? Does it need to fit the specific shape of edges etc.? How about say an 8" dia pot with 7" height?

From the features: "Sautés rice for Spanish rice or pilafs prior to cooking, stir fry veggies or even browns meat before slow cooking!"

And we can't information on using the cooker in ways not intended by the manufacturer.

tampa1401

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tampa1401

I agree. I cannot remember buying something to cook with that has been as helpful and habit changing as the Instant Pot. I splurged when it was half off on Black Friday and then had remorse. But that did not last long.

threemoons wrote:As the owner of a real InstantPot, I would say get one of those instead of a knockoff.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 135 Private Messages radi0j0hn

As a former bachelor, I can attest that a rice cooker will pay for itself in short order as you switch from pre-made food.

Try putting in a cup of brown basmati rice, a drained can of salmon, some fresh brocolli or drained canned french cut string beans and let 'er rip.

If you have $40 more to spend, a similar pressure cooker will do more, but a rice cooker will serve you well.

sillycatvalley.com &
ACPress.com - creative stuff, y'know!