Order Pace (rank):
Top 33% of Home Woots
Top 47% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 13% of Home Woots
Top 22% of all Woots

rooftopsuicideclub

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rooftopsuicideclub

bought one of these a year ago. it gets cold for about an hour or so, and then just...stops being cold. only cooling a small living room with it, and everything is hooked up right. it's just garbage now. i'd skip this refurb and get a new one. wish i did.

Narfcake

quality posts: 384 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

rooftopsuicideclub wrote:bought one of these a year ago. it gets cold for about an hour or so, and then just...stops being cold. ...

I'm not staff, nor a HVAC tech, but if it's cold at first but stops being cold, then I would first suspect that the coils are freezing up.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 135 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Got two of these from Woot at the start of last summer, as our new windows are smaller and window A/Cs no longer fit.

Just cranked them up this summer for out first round of 92 degree weather and high humidity and they worked fine. Most efficent? No. Better than central air? No. Made the house livable? Yes!

Hint: room placement is important. Last summer we had the downstairs one in the living room, and the adjoining kitchen stayed pretty warm. This year, we have it in the kitchen and the living room also stays comfortable. So experiment with yours to see if acentral location works better for you.

sillycatvalley.com &
ACPress.com - creative stuff, y'know!