Bottom 34% of Home Woots
Bottom 30% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3]

Sunpentown 3.0 Cubic Feet Upright Freezer
Price: $269.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime) OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, May 18 to Monday, May 21) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

ls3mach

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ls3mach

Why would anyone buy this? 3cuft? It won't hold crap and it's twice what a large one cost.

davevpi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages davevpi
ls3mach wrote:Why would anyone buy this? 3cuft? It won't hold crap and it's twice what a large one cost.

I guess what they are claiming as their value-add is the pull-out baskets? That's something, but not worth the $100 premium they're asking over other comparable freezers.

When the description says "Manual defrost", does that mean this is like 30 years ago, when you periodically had to empty out your freezer to get rid of the frost that had accumulated? Umm ... no thanks.

fishcandy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fishcandy

I've always been a fan of Moonpencilcity appliances, but I heard that Sunpentown have taken the lead!

slambram

quality posts: 5 Private Messages slambram
davevpi wrote:I guess what they are claiming as their value-add is the pull-out baskets? That's something, but not worth the $100 premium they're asking over other comparable freezers.

When the description says "Manual defrost", does that mean this is like 30 years ago, when you periodically had to empty out your freezer to get rid of the frost that had accumulated? Umm ... no thanks.

Automatic defrost is not without its disadvantages - namely the regularly-cycling 300-700 watt heating element, bringing your freezer briefly above freezing, then refreezing everything, so all your food is "freezer burned" and filled with ice crystals after just a few months.

Auto defrost also appears to be pretty rare on freezers this size.

davevpi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages davevpi

The front page of Home.Woot has a new item and claims that this freezer sold out ... which it did not. I'm slightly confused.

https://www.woot.com/category/home

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

davevpi wrote:The front page of Home.Woot has a new item and claims that this freezer sold out ... which it did not. I'm slightly confused.

https://www.woot.com/category/home

We had the wrong blurb there. We've changed it to the correct one now.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items