Back to Amazon.com

WootBot


quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

iRobot Roomba 850 Robotic Vacuum

Last Purchase:
2 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 6% of Home Woots
Top 8% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Top 1% of Home Woots
Top 3% of all Woots

wootstalkerbot


quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

[Preview 1][Preview 2][Preview 3][Preview 4][Preview 5]

iRobot Roomba 850 Robotic Vacuum
Price: $269.99
Shipping Options:: $5 Standard (Free with Prime) OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Thursday, Jul 12 to Friday, Jul 13) + transit
Condition: New

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

cwolfpack3


quality posts: 50 Private Messages cwolfpack3

Ok, so it's the same price as on the mothership? And there is supposed to be one of these deeply discounted on Prime Day? I have to think that Wooters would be better off waiting until Saturday to snag one, if that were the case. Or am I missing something?

Badgeless by choice. I'm freee! Freeee!!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cwolfpack3 wrote:Ok, so it's the same price as on the mothership? And there is supposed to be one of these deeply discounted on Prime Day? I have to think that Wooters would be better off waiting until Saturday to snag one, if that were the case. Or am I missing something?


I’m seeing $499 for new on Amazon.

The one we are selling is NEW.


** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

vara411


quality posts: 4 Private Messages vara411

Having a hard time finding reviews on this one...

mauks87


quality posts: 1 Private Messages mauks87

I have had this model for over 1.5 years now. great little vacuum that will keep your place in check.

Has the ability to run on a schedule as well as find its "home base" when complete. Great deal for this (I think i paid 500 originally for mine).

I am not sure if the lighthouse/virtual walls are included with the woot deal but mine came with it. They are little towers that can be placed around your house to either attract the robot or avoid it (think of the lighthouse as a beacon so that the robot can find the next room to move on too).

The remote is a party trick/kinda fun to play with but you really have to point it at the sensor.

DJ ROOMBA lives!

davidastorm


quality posts: 5 Private Messages davidastorm
mauks87 wrote:I have had this model for over 1.5 years now. great little vacuum that will keep your place in check.

Has the ability to run on a schedule as well as find its "home base" when complete. Great deal for this (I think i paid 500 originally for mine).

I am not sure if the lighthouse/virtual walls are included with the woot deal but mine came with it. They are little towers that can be placed around your house to either attract the robot or avoid it (think of the lighthouse as a beacon so that the robot can find the next room to move on too).

The remote is a party trick/kinda fun to play with but you really have to point it at the sensor.

DJ ROOMBA lives!



Thanks for the info, especially about the virtual walls. My bride was talking just the other day about her friend's roomba, so we went ahead and pulled the trigger here. Hopefully it does what we want/need and doesn't fall down the stairs!

stevematlbch


quality posts: 5 Private Messages stevematlbch

So what battery is in this? The description says NiMH, the user manual says li-ion. The li-ion is much better. And virtual walls? Cannot imagine not having any, I use 2 myself. Except for the battery and virtual wall uncertainty, this looks identical to the one I got from Costco as an 805, and it's a great robot. been running 18 months on original battery and still the same long run time.

cindik


quality posts: 6 Private Messages cindik
davidastorm wrote:Thanks for the info, especially about the virtual walls. My bride was talking just the other day about her friend's roomba, so we went ahead and pulled the trigger here. Hopefully it does what we want/need and doesn't fall down the stairs!



I'm on my second roomba. They won't fall down the stairs: even the old ones have edge detection that stops them from driving off the edge.

blipper67


quality posts: 12 Private Messages blipper67
ThunderThighs wrote:I’m seeing $499 for new on Amazon.

The one we are selling is NEW.



This is a steal! I'm almost tempted to buy one for a spare.

We have the 880 and love it. Incredible battery life, no maintenance issues other than an occasional cleaning of the rollers and bearings, super deep cleans our carpet of dust. HEPA filter.

Wonder what's the difference between the 890 and this 850?

ksheeha1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages ksheeha1

It does not say the visual wall is included

blipper67


quality posts: 12 Private Messages blipper67
ksheeha1 wrote:It does not say the visual wall is included



You'll need at least 2 virtual walls. I can't imagine iRobot not including at least one. They're cheap on ebay.


JJTheDogMan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JJTheDogMan

Are any virtual walls included?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

JJTheDogMan wrote:Are any virtual walls included?


They are not included.


** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

dcheesi


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dcheesi
stevematlbch wrote:So what battery is in this? The description says NiMH, the user manual says li-ion. The li-ion is much better. And virtual walls? Cannot imagine not having any, I use 2 myself. Except for the battery and virtual wall uncertainty, this looks identical to the one I got from Costco as an 805, and it's a great robot. been running 18 months on original battery and still the same long run time.



Poking around on Amazon, it looks like all of the 800-Series listings (including the 805) mention Lithium Ion *except* for the 850, which mentions NiMH. Could be this is the differentiator for this model vs. the 860 or 805?

stevematlbch


quality posts: 5 Private Messages stevematlbch
dcheesi wrote:Poking around on Amazon, it looks like all of the 800-Series listings (including the 805) mention Lithium Ion *except* for the 850, which mentions NiMH. Could be this is the differentiator for this model vs. the 860 or 805?



May well be. In my experience a NiMH will last 6-8 months (will vary with use, I run near daily), and at that time you could replace with li-ion. Looks like they start around $63. $355 gets you an 805 with li-ion and 2 virtual walls. Long story short, there is no free lunch.

cwolfpack3


quality posts: 50 Private Messages cwolfpack3
ThunderThighs wrote:I’m seeing $499 for new on Amazon.

The one we are selling is NEW.



Somehow, I found one last night, but it's not there today. Nor is the teaser sneak peek with one. I should've posted the link or a screen shot while I had it, but wasn't very wide awake at 2 this morning.

Badgeless by choice. I'm freee! Freeee!!

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 1039 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dcheesi wrote:Poking around on Amazon, it looks like all of the 800-Series listings (including the 805) mention Lithium Ion *except* for the 850, which mentions NiMH. Could be this is the differentiator for this model vs. the 860 or 805?



Yes, this is NiMH. Sorry for the late answer.


** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

leruddick


quality posts: 0 Private Messages leruddick
davidastorm wrote:Thanks for the info, especially about the virtual walls. My bride was talking just the other day about her friend's roomba, so we went ahead and pulled the trigger here. Hopefully it does what we want/need and doesn't fall down the stairs!



I promise it won’t fall down the stairs. I have an older model and it never has

Wooter917744239


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wooter917744239

So I this is my first Roomba and I hope I have not made a mistake.

Springer1997


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Springer1997

I have both the 650and 850. The 850 is a much better unit. At this price I consider this a must buy.

patruns


quality posts: 0 Private Messages patruns

Why did I not buy this sooner???? With 2 cats I run it every other day. Can't believe how much time and effort this has saved me. Top of it is already scratched to hell, but runs like a champ. You can get cheap filters on Amazon for it too.