Top 3% of Home Woots
Top 7% of all Woots

Quality Posts

wootstalkerbot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages wootstalkerbot

Cuisinart Convection Toaster Oven
Price: $59.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Monday, Jul 27 to Tuesday, Jul 28) + transit
Condition: Factory Reconditioned

Buy It Search Amazon Search Google

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
4/12/2015 - $59.99 - 30 comment(s)

1/22/2013 - $78.00 (Woot Plus)

conanthelibrarian

quality posts: 5840 Private Messages conanthelibrarian

Good reviews (3.5 out of 5.0) over at Costco.com

woncoolone

quality posts: 4161 Private Messages woncoolone

anilpillai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anilpillai
conanthelibrarian wrote:Good reviews (3.5 out of 5.0) over at Costco.com

That's 4.5 stars I counted.

nonnagates

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nonnagates

I have 2 of these ovens, purchased from Costco. One is at home and the other at the lake. We use them more often than the big oven. They have both been "true to temp". When I set the temp at 350 to bake cookies they come out perfect every time. The only thing I don't like is that it defaults to 10 min of cooking that you cannot reduce. it does have turn off after 10 minutes. I would recommend this oven to anyone.

oddsbeater1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages oddsbeater1

A note to the novice: This is NOT a microwave/convection device!

I think, therefore.."I-M".

XTCfan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages XTCfan
nonnagates wrote:I have 2 of these ovens, purchased from Costco. One is at home and the other at the lake. We use them more often than the big oven. They have both been "true to temp". When I set the temp at 350 to bake cookies they come out perfect every time. The only thing I don't like is that it defaults to 10 min of cooking that you cannot reduce. it does have turn off after 10 minutes. I would recommend this oven to anyone.

How does it do at toasting?

nonnagates

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nonnagates
XTCfan wrote:How does it do at toasting?

The ones I have do a great job at toasting. You select the number of items to toast up to 6. It is a convection oven. by the way, since we use it so much I purchased some silicone oven liner material (black) and cut it to size. Saves time on cleaning.

waynedunham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages waynedunham
nonnagates wrote:The ones I have do a great job at toasting. You select the number of items to toast up to 6. It is a convection oven. by the way, since we use it so much I purchased some silicone oven liner material (black) and cut it to size. Saves time on cleaning.

They don't just take FOREVER and do a great job of dehydrating the bread?
Just about every "Toaster" oven I've ever tried, from cheapo's to high priced models" usually take over twice as long to toast as a regular toaster and the bread has almost no color and is almost turned to dust with no moisture at all left in the bread. Most of them would be great for prepping bread for making bread crumbs.
I had one that my Mom bought me which I donated to work since it was no good as a toaster and was a cheapo. All it had was a timer with no temp control at all.
I bought another one that got great reviews, but it just sits on top of my microwave and virtually never gets used. It is horrible at toasting, see above.
In the summer it pumps more heat into the kitchen than my full oven, this can come in handy in the winter though.

nutriskis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nutriskis
waynedunham wrote:They don't just take FOREVER and do a great job of dehydrating the bread?
Just about every "Toaster" oven I've ever tried, from cheapo's to high priced models" usually take over twice as long to toast as a regular toaster and the bread has almost no color and is almost turned to dust with no moisture at all left in the bread. Most of them would be great for prepping bread for making bread crumbs.
I had one that my Mom bought me which I donated to work since it was no good as a toaster and was a cheapo. All it had was a timer with no temp control at all.
I bought another one that got great reviews, but it just sits on top of my microwave and virtually never gets used. It is horrible at toasting, see above.
In the summer it pumps more heat into the kitchen than my full oven, this can come in handy in the winter though.

Pre-heat for a few min. Toasts just fine.

j37hr0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages j37hr0

Hey owners, will an 8X8 or 9X9 brownie pan fit? I'm thinking yes, based on the 12" pizza claim?

chicagobeck

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chicagobeck

9x9 pan will easily fit.

I don't think toasting bread takes any longer in this then in a toaster. Toasts bread as well as a toaster too.

Great when you don't want to heat up the house with the regular oven. I use this 10 times more than I use the regular oven.

And to correct the above post, you don't enter the number of items to toast. The 1-6 that you enter is for the length of time you want to toast something.

A side note, reheating pizza in this makes the pizza taste like it did originally. I use the toast setting for it.

LenSe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LenSe

A trick I learned (bought mine at Costco a while ago) is to set the time to whatever you want (less than 10 min) by hitting the hour button 3 times, it reverts to 0 hrs 1 min, then you can increase minutes to whatever you need.

Works great.

nonnagates wrote:I have 2 of these ovens, purchased from Costco. One is at home and the other at the lake. We use them more often than the big oven. They have both been "true to temp". When I set the temp at 350 to bake cookies they come out perfect every time. The only thing I don't like is that it defaults to 10 min of cooking that you cannot reduce. it does have turn off after 10 minutes. I would recommend this oven to anyone.

LenSe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LenSe
j37hr0 wrote:Hey owners, will an 8X8 or 9X9 brownie pan fit? I'm thinking yes, based on the 12" pizza claim?

As I write this, I have a full-size Freschetta's pizza in my convection oven. Works great.

Xplosonhed

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Xplosonhed

I have one of these and while i like it, the controls are a little strange.
The timer is most bizarre and the only way to get it to time under 10 minutes is to press timer, then hit hour three times. That sets it to 1 minute and then press minute to get to the time you'd like.

True to temp. Easy to clean.