Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: How long should you know a person before marrying them?
  • 0% - Less than 1 year 0
  • 0% - Less than 2 years 0
  • 0% - Less than 3 years 0
  • 0% - Less than 4 years 0
  • 0% - Less than 5 years 0
  • 0% - Less than 6 years 0
  • 0% - More than 7 years 0
0 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

It is not the time knowing the person. It is knowing about the person you both are and being that person from day one up until the time you both get married and beyond.

davoh

quality posts: 8 Private Messages davoh

We were dating for just under 3 months when I proposed to my girlfriend. We got married less than a year later. We'll celebrate our 22nd anniversary in two months. It's not about the quantity of time but the quality.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
davoh wrote:We were dating for just under 3 months when I proposed to my girlfriend. We got married less than a year later. We'll celebrate our 22nd anniversary in two months. It's not about the quantity of time but the quality.

Similar story here. Started dating in June. Proposed in September. Moved her in in October. Married in June. 20 years on the 21st.

prfesser

quality posts: 9 Private Messages prfesser

Met my wife on a blind date on March 28, 1972. Married her on July 1, 1972. 25 days away from our 45th anniversary. Love her more now than I did then.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 65 Private Messages PocketBrain

Do you ever truly know someone?

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

Hellfirecignus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hellfirecignus

No you truly never do know someone. Other than a tax break and sharing insurance, I never see the point in marriage. I was married for 12 years. Never once did I benefit in other than those two ways.

luchmine1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages luchmine1

Why the "less than" rather than "at Least"?

cantalin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cantalin

If you are asking this question as an indicator of the possible "longevity" of the contract, I believe it is irrevelant.....Longevity would be much more dependant upon how you treat each other after the ceremony.

ardubu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ardubu

Somebody needs to rain on this parade.
I was married twice.
My 1st used me as a home plate for her affairs.
My 2nd used me like an ATM machine.
Both have moved on to more failed marriages.
1st - 3.
2nd - 2.
Me? Ha! no more. I have a steady girlfriend.
Been together for 9 years. We don't want to get married.

Ah, the hell with it.

videoworks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages videoworks

I wanted to pick somewhere between 6 and 7 years and I couldn't. I hate this poll!!!

sandcastle46

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandcastle46

Seriously?

Lucifuge84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lucifuge84

Met my husband Feb 4, 2012. Moved in with him Feb 7, 2012 (lol). Engaged on March 22, 2012 and married on Dec 21, 2012.

About to slide into 5 years and feeling pretty good.

tleec3526

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tleec3526

1st wife dated for 3 years prior to marriage for 6. Second wife knew her for less than 6 months now we are going on 27 years