WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you know your neighbors well enough to ask for a cup of sugar?
  • 46.3% - Yes, anytime! 343
  • 29.8% - No, not really 221
  • 23.9% - Why would I need that much sugar? 177
741 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

PocketBrain

quality posts: 63 Private Messages PocketBrain

Not really, but they seem affable enough that they would laugh at first, then give me a cup of sugar. Interesting social experiment. Everybody (else) try that and report back here with your results!

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 96 Private Messages daveinwarshington

No.

Our neighbors are spread out quite a bit.

One neighbor is very strange and they just stare at people.

The other neighbors just haven't been around for many months... weird...

The only other house semi-nearby has some really nice people, but keep to themselves.

We keep a stockpile of food, and would share if someone asked.

davoh

quality posts: 8 Private Messages davoh

No. I do know where the store is well enough that I can go get my own sugar.

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal

Yes, I know all my neighbors but I would only ask one. I have known her for forty years and she is great. We are great neighbors out here, we do not go to each other's houses, unannounced.

g0nz0

quality posts: 4 Private Messages g0nz0

I am diabetic... I might as well ask for tumbler of Chlorox on the rocks.

askdal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages askdal

I know her well enough to get a lot more that sugar from her.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 63 Private Messages PocketBrain
askdal wrote:I know her well enough to get a lot more that sugar from her.

Hail to the King, baby!

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

stevenlee212

quality posts: 7 Private Messages stevenlee212

Sure, but why not just drive down to the store to buy some. I mean it's your own fault for not properly preparing your ingredients before you started baking / cooking

sharonkay

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sharonkay
g0nz0 wrote:I am diabetic... I might as well ask for tumbler of Chlorox on the rocks.

Although I would recommend as a choice between the two.... The sugar might be a bit tastier? Hmm I don't think the mischievous monkeys would want that outcome... let's just go with 'Monte and Mortimer were hungry for something sweet and they were ravenous and didn't think of the consequences for their bff. They beg forgiveness and will gladly take and eat 50 lashes with wet noodles, because after all, it is still food...and sprinkled with some sugar substitute could resemble a, well, sugar coated wet noodle.'

sharonkay

sharonkay wrote:Hmm I don't think the mischievous monkeys would want that outcome... let's just go with 'Monte and Mortimer were hungry for something sweet and they were ravenous and didn't think of the consequences for their bff. They beg forgiveness and will gladly take and eat 50 lashes with wet noodles, because after all, it is still food...and sprinkled with some sugar substitute could resemble a, well, sugar coated wet noodle.'

sharonkay

I have met one neighbor so far, but not sure which house she lives in. Guess I should be patient and give them time...just finished moving in to the neighborhood 27 hours ago.

I plan on finding the store this morning, I can't find my container of 1.63 pounds of Splenda. 😀

zatochi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zatochi

The houses on both side of me are rent houses so I don't bother anymore. My neighbors come and go. No one has lived in either house for more than a year and I have lived in my house for 14 years so that's a lot of temporary neighbors.

Woot Charter Member since 2004
Charter Member #550