Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Do you know CPR?
  • 0% - Yes! 0
  • 0% - No! 0
  • 0% - Yes, but please don't ask me to save anyone. It's been years since my last training. 0
0 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

roycee

quality posts: 5 Private Messages roycee

Saved one life and assisted saving a second.
Harder than they let on, but worth it.
Should be required training to qualify for driver's license or voting.

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Calgaltoal

I took a few courses. I saved my own baby at eight mos. He was choking on a penny. I did the baby heimlich on him. I did several times. I thought it was out, I had to two more times and the penny popped out. Thank goodness I had some training, good things to know.

CatCK

quality posts: 87 Private Messages CatCK

I was certified in CPR and First Aid way back when I was in High School. I had a class called Health Occupations. Great course that should be mandatory.

I do keep up with health news and such, so I think I could still help someone. (Apparently, they don't recommend the breathing when doing CPR anymore?)

mikekansa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikekansa

There are more than a few accredited online course & certification providers of CPR. While it's not the same as a hands on course, they are a great way to brush up on your knowledge and be sure you're aware of the most recent updated AHA guidelines. I've used NHCPS.com, they're owned and operated by the non profit Disque Foundation.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 65 Private Messages PocketBrain

I do, but I have not had the opportunity to use it yet.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

intrepid01

quality posts: 4 Private Messages intrepid01

If you have watch batteries and toddlers, please make sure they both are secured. Watch batteries swallowed can cause burns, connecting fistulas, and have even caused deaths.

Short article on the topic and what it does to a piece of ham:
http://www.bbc.com/news/health-37410343

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5ApVlDCEjc

intrepid01

quality posts: 4 Private Messages intrepid01

In Seattle, 10% of the population was taught CPR. The following year, the death rate from heart attacks was reduced by 50% in that city.

Have your family learn it...for you.

squidward

quality posts: 3 Private Messages squidward

I once knew CPR. But they kept changing the approved method. So I no longer know the approved CPR.

The last one I knew entailed a "4 quick breaths" step to before rescue breathing. Now outdated.

ardubu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ardubu

1st time, I was scared like hell!
2nd time, thought I'd catch hell, I made a mess of the guys ribs - but he lived.
Last time, perfection!

So, third time is a charm!

Ah, the hell with it.

LuckStiff63

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LuckStiff63

Annie! Annie!... Are you OK?

If only I had a dime for every time I had to utter that phrase.

-- I was just now pondering the immortal last words of Socrates, who said:
"I drank WHAT???"

berblaine

quality posts: 3 Private Messages berblaine

Heck I know the whole alphabet and in order too.

yaddiex3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yaddiex3
berblaine wrote:Heck I know the whole alphabet and in order too.

Doggone it! That's what I was gonna say!

andy5224

quality posts: 1 Private Messages andy5224

To those that have saved lives - nothing quite like it, is there? Was a First Responder for a time a few decades ago...definitely used CPR to save lives. As to them changing methods - the old way worked so if you're in that situation use what you know...better than sitting on your hands worrying about some minor changes they've made. The old way works - this much I can attest to.