Back to Amazon.com

WootBot

quality posts: 17 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: When shopping for wedding presents, what do you prefer?
  • 0% - I only buy things on the registry 0
  • 0% - I give money or gift cards 0
  • 0% - I give a special off-registry gift 0
  • 0% - I don't give wedding gifts. I just eat my slice of cake and leave. 0
0 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

When I was younger a friend got married in a HUGE Italian wedding in Long Island. His uncles all handed him cash in the COOLEST way. He would walk up to him, shake his hand, pull him close and whisper something in his ear. Then he would give him an envelope. I asked Anthony later how much he got, but he would only smile. Since then I do the same for my family members. Very cool way to send them off on a new life.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 98 Private Messages daveinwarshington

A toaster.
Everyone likes toast.

jgrand14

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jgrand14

This is awesome

Marcusx70 wrote:When I was younger a friend got married in a HUGE Italian wedding in Long Island. His uncles all handed him cash in the COOLEST way. He would walk up to him, shake his hand, pull him close and whisper something in his ear. Then he would give him an envelope. I asked Anthony later how much he got, but he would only smile. Since then I do the same for my family members. Very cool way to send them off on a new life.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 64 Private Messages PocketBrain

Business card of a good divorce attorney.

Thanks to up-to-the-minute tracking, I don't track my package so much as stalk it.

intrepid01

quality posts: 4 Private Messages intrepid01
Marcusx70 wrote:When I was younger a friend got married in a HUGE Italian wedding in Long Island. His uncles all handed him cash in the COOLEST way. He would walk up to him, shake his hand, pull him close and whisper something in his ear. Then he would give him an envelope. I asked Anthony later how much he got, but he would only smile. Since then I do the same for my family members. Very cool way to send them off on a new life.

I don't understand. Does the smile depend on an amount? Is it a promise of resources? Connections?

What if the uncle and maybe an auntie are poor. Would hope he would still smile with appreciation. For the generosity may be disproportionate to the amount.

avsfan80526

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avsfan80526

I like to give a gift card to one of the places the couple is registered.

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70
intrepid01 wrote:I don't understand. Does the smile depend on an amount? Is it a promise of resources? Connections?

What if the uncle and maybe an auntie are poor. Would hope he would still smile with appreciation. For the generosity may be disproportionate to the amount.

It was never about the amount of money. It was them giving him hints and tips about marriage that he said were invaluable. It was a sign of love and respect.

ardubu

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ardubu
PocketBrain wrote:Business card of a good divorce attorney.

Worth it's weight in Bitcoins!

Ah, the hell with it.